New parts!! and a Question

Dr_EluSivE

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2002
Central Illinois
I think i have everything i need now to finally get this thing turboed and intercooled. This came in the mail today...
Turbowaterreturnside.jpg

TurboExoutletside.jpg

Turbineside.jpg

Best looking $50 turbo ive ever seen. Evergreen turbo did a hell of a job cleaning this thing up and rebuilding it. it looks and feels like new.

Picked this up at the junk yard today..
rangerfront.jpg

rangerback.jpg

Single core ranger Radiator out of an 89. 2.3 M/T ranger.

and this came a Few days ago..

ICfront.jpg

ICrear.jpg

A volvo IC out of a 86 740.

Now my question is this, the ranger radiator inlets/outlets are on the opposite sides of the mustang rad, anyone know of what molded hoses fit or should i just get some krinkle hoses? And the overflow is on the wrong side, should run a long hose over to it, or ditch it? Also if anyone has pics of the brackets they made to hold this stuff in i would love to see them.
I would also like to see IC tubing pics of cars with volvo coolers in em. I need to figure out what angles i am gonna need.
Thanks!

Dr.

Attachments

• Turbowaterreturnside.jpg
    Turbowaterreturnside.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 69
  • TurboExoutletside.jpg
    TurboExoutletside.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Turbineside.jpg
    Turbineside.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 73
  • rangerfront.jpg
    rangerfront.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 57
  • rangerback.jpg
    rangerback.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 57
  • ICfront.jpg
    ICfront.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 96
  • ICrear.jpg
    ICrear.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Sponsors (?)

Click on 'Thunderstang' in my sig and go towards the bottom of page 4. I mounted a NPR/Volvo rad combo in my 'Stang. The NPR and Volvo I/C are basically the same dimensions. The lower IC/rad mounts from a Volvo are what I used. Upper mounts were made from 1/4" aluminum bar stock. Looks like you have the same 1/2" radiator lip as I do.

For hoses, go to Autozoo and get that flexible aluminum hose that they use to run from the exhaust manny to the air cleaner on older cars, bend it to the shape and length you want, then go match it up to the correct hose.

For the overflow tank, either run a long hose or go to the j/y, poke around and find another smaller tank, off of any car, that mounts to the other side.