New Parts

Hey guys and Gals, I picked up some new parts for the stang.

I bought a

- C & L plenum
- Edlebrock 70mm Throttle Body
- Airaid Intake
- Mach 1 grill delete
- New tunes from Bama Chips

For those interested I will do a review on fit/finish, as well as SOP gain and overall worth the price. I can't wait for the UPS truck to get here now.

* Pics will follow after delivery and install *

Thanks

Well finally after waiting for two different orders and after my camping trip i got everything installed.

C & L and 70mm throttle body

The difference between the stock and C & L plenum is night and day. The C & L is bigger both overall and interior dia. The casting was very good, could have cleaned it up a tad but very smooth overall. It went on the car perfect, just dropped into place and I was done with the install in 25 min, it was very easy.

Coupled with the 70mm, it made quite a difference, even without the new bama tune while driving. The SOTP gain was felt throughout the power ban for me, as in the plenum improved the drive-abilty of the car. The engine seem to have a more usable power ban, as in the power seem to come on earlier as in around 2k and stays much longer, for me all the way out to 5500+ rpm.

I then added the Airaid intake and the new bama tunes (91 oct race ) and the car really came alive, more so then I would have thought. Power seems to be everywhere, and the car is way more fun to drive. I no longer have to wait for power to build.

*** You will not beat every car on the road, don't expect more then a couple hp, but IMO the larger power ban makes for a better driving and faster car. ***

* Word of caution, take your time during the install to make sure you don't get any vac leaks, I didn't have any and double check the adjustment on the throttle body. I was having a slight idle hang at 1500rpm after plenum and TB, but I simply readjusted the blade closed more, per the directions and the car idles perfect with no more idle hang.

If you are looking at getting a C & L, I say it is well worth the money but I would suggest that it be coupled with a bigger TB, Cold air and tune to really get the gains you want.

Also, if you felt the difference, then it's more than a couple HP. Seems like I read you won't really feel anything less than a 10hp jump.

That's prob true, since I picked up more then 10hp with the intake, TB, Plenum and custom tune. But, I doubt the C & L plenum added more then a couple of hp, most videos and charts I have seen say about 4 - 6 rwhp at most. Like I stated above, to me the increase in usable engine power was the most apparent.

Also, if you felt the difference, then it's more than a couple HP. Seems like I read you won't really feel anything less than a 10hp jump.

That would be a stretch. You don't add up gains. Example: 5 hp from an intake + 10 hp from exhaust does not equal 15 hp total.

These companies start out with a bone stock car. Then add their part. Then sit on the dyno for hours tuning the car to get the best results to help sell their product.

I misunderstood, I was thinking you meant you only gained a couple H from all those mods combined.