New Roller (paint and body guys)

tannerc91gt

This last 25% is foreign territory at this point
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Indiana
I know this isnt a fox, but this is where i hang out all the time and its getting a pushrod motor so id prefer to get opinions from you guys.

So long story short, my mother was in an accident and insurance is totalling out her 2001 Mustang (v6). Im going to buy it to use for my project, just trying to get an idea of what im looking at in terms of fixing it. Looks to me like it will need 2 new fenders, hood (need at least a 4" cowl anyways) new front bumper and the cowl panel and headlight. The body APPEARS to be straight, didnt do any mechanical damage and the core support seems to be fine. Other than beating the hell out of body panels the car seems to have held up pretty well. Going to get a set of fenders, hood hinges obviously, a 4" cowl and a cobra or GT bumper as of now, not sure what else I need.

Im know there are a lot of paint and body guys here so let me know if im missing anything.

f757bf73.jpg
5434147c.jpg

09daee33.jpg

b0e58e49.jpg

9780bd71.jpg

5d8a9569.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

EDIT: is the k member from a fox a direct fit into a new edge? im thinking its possible do to the 5.0/4.6 series in the older sn95s but i honestly dont know much about the mod cars and fabbing one to work isnt a big deal, just a thought that came to mind

Yes, but its Going to be a race car that I don't plan to sell. An '01 with a carb'd pushrod motor won't exactly sell like a normal street car anyways.

figure ill use a 94-95 k-member and i shouldnt have any issues. Wont be 100% sure how this is going to work until I hear from insurance tommorow but i should end up with it either way.

Not to derail my own thread, but Am i Better off building the 4r70w or the C4? C4 seems to be more common but i know the others will more than do the job if you go about it right. I honestly dont have a lot of experience with automatics (i can build them but im just not caught up on which ones are the ones to have)

that car needs to be brought to someone with a frame bench. It looks totaly nose pushed to drivers side. then you can try fiting the new K member in there and see it it lines up.

I think you picked the right swap car, you have abs and nice interior and no one will see it coming

What do you see that makes you think it's tweaked? Like I said, I'm far from an expert so I'm just curious what to look for. The engine bay and core support seem to be unmoved.

This car wont be seeing any kind of highway and probably not a whole lot of street time either

What do you see that makes you think it's tweaked? Like I said, I'm far from an expert so I'm just curious what to look for. The engine bay and core support seem to be unmoved.

This car wont be seeing any kind of highway and probably not a whole lot of street time either

pull the bumper and fenders and get a better look at it, if its going to be trailered to the racetrack all the time then there is no reason to build a overdrive trans, lotta money for no reason... Why arent you going to drive it on the street tho?

Going to mainly be a track car, just dont usually get my cars out much other than that. It will see some street time, dont get me wrong. But just in town if anything at all.

Insurance is wanting more to buy it back than I can afford to spare at the moment, so we'll see what happens.