• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

New suspension = Time for some pics

  • Thread starter Thread starter GRGT1994
  • Start date Start date Aug 6, 2005

GRGT1994

New Member
Sep 22, 2004
1,034
0
0
Aug 6, 2005
#1
  • Aug 6, 2005
  • #1
I recently finished my mods for this summer, including a starter kit from MM (H&R springs and Bilsteins). So I thought it was time to post some new pics. I also have some spacers in the back to put the tires where they should be. I'm pretty happy with the stance, but let me know what you think.













BTW, for comparison, here is a before shot (stock suspension, no spacers).
 

Mustangless

Member
Jun 27, 2003
903
1
18
home
Aug 6, 2005
#2
  • Aug 6, 2005
  • #2
nothing is showing up.
 

GRGT1994

New Member
Sep 22, 2004
1,034
0
0
Aug 6, 2005
#3
  • Aug 6, 2005
  • #3
Huh, that's weird. They show up for me.

Maybe try my Car Domain page if it still doesn't work. Here's the link. Link Take a look at page 4 for the after shots.
 

donjohn

New Member
Feb 7, 2004
1,757
0
0
Irvine - Southern California
Aug 6, 2005
#4
  • Aug 6, 2005
  • #4
looks good dude
 

sade04

Member
Sep 13, 2004
97
0
6
Lansdale, PA
Aug 6, 2005
#5
  • Aug 6, 2005
  • #5
looks awesome
just wondering, do you know how much the car was lowered? and how wide were your spacers?
 

JJ95GTID

Active Member
Sep 22, 2003
1,141
4
49
Phoenix, AZ
Aug 7, 2005
#6
  • Aug 7, 2005
  • #6
Looks really good. I likes.
 

GRGT1994

New Member
Sep 22, 2004
1,034
0
0
Aug 7, 2005
#7
  • Aug 7, 2005
  • #7
I got the H&R race springs, which MM says drops the convertible 1.5". That sounds about right by looks, but I haven't measured to confirm.
 

stprorolla49

Active Member
Oct 9, 2004
1,455
15
39
Fairfield, CT/North Jersey
Aug 7, 2005
#8
  • Aug 7, 2005
  • #8
i think it looks good, but i think i'd go lower.....it still looks like a 4x4.....how's it handle???
 

LoudToy958

Member
Mar 30, 2005
435
0
16
Bremerton, WA
Aug 7, 2005
#9
  • Aug 7, 2005
  • #9
Nice choice, I like the stance. I have the same springs, they will settle a bit after a week or so. They handle amazing, and without the harsh bone jaring ride of the eibachs. Especially with that shock/strut combo.

I am sure you will be happy with the setup. They only flaw I have with it, is not the rear end of the car wants to walk on really hard turns. The front will take it no problem, but the rear is a little light. My solution. Steeda 5 link. Take her on some hard turns at a reasonable speed and you will see what I am talking about.

You plan on coilover kit next????????
 

GRGT1994

New Member
Sep 22, 2004
1,034
0
0
Aug 7, 2005
#10
  • Aug 7, 2005
  • #10
Maybe those pics don't do justice to the drop. Or maybe it's just that I wanted a nice subtle drop that doesn't scream "slammed." Cause in person that is what I got. It definitely looks meaner than it did stock, and it has lost the 4x4 look, but you also don't look at the car and think "wow that thing is dropped low." But that's just my (biased) opinion.

And for the ride, it runs great now. Really nicely settled. I can turn as hard as I want and never get the feeling that the suspension wants to play games with me. And the Bilsteins are great! So I don't think I will be doing any other major suspension mods (5 link, coil overs, etc.). Possibly a panhard bar sometime long down the road.

Next up for me probably is brakes. They are clearly the weak link now.
 

yellowstang1994

New Member
Sep 9, 2004
338
0
0
Aug 7, 2005
#11
  • Aug 7, 2005
  • #11
I think it looks good! It's just like my prokit, it doesn't look like a 4x4 but it's not slammed either. I don't know why ford made our cars so tall from the factory? I'm not the biggest fan of the prokit on my car. I might go a little lower later on.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

H
New here and thanks
  • HoosierD420
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
100
The Welcome Wagon Aug 30, 2026
HoosierD420
H
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
228
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
F
For Sale 03 Redfire Cobra Convertible
  • FastFox5oh
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
0
Views
231
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Jul 14, 2026
FastFox5oh
F
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
395
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?