New to me foxbody

Cwestcott22

Nov 26, 2018
Texas
62b94d03-2932-4617-9082-4acde7e56518-png.png
Hey guys picking up a 91 gt tomorrow. Can’t wait to dig into it. Plans so far are gt40 heads/intake and exhaust. What would you guys do first?
c223f5cd-c3b2-489a-b71e-46702991f80c-png.png
04e28782-4f73-400d-be31-b93cdf6a6941-png.png

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

I really like the green.

Absolutely safety stuff first. Brakes job in particular.

Is it running well? A simple tune up would be next.

After that my first actual modification would be subframe connectors.

Then start the performance mods.

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to Stangnet.

I really like the green.

Absolutely safety stuff first. Brakes job in particular.

Is it running well? A simple tune up would be next.

After that my first actual modification would be subframe connectors.

Then start the performance mods.

She runs well. Needs a tune up for sure and the brakes will be done once I do my five lug swap. Sub frame connects are right after the 5 lug. Interior then performance

I agree. I tune up for sure. Has it been sitting for a while? I would probably do a fuel pump and filter as well. And change out that intake to a oem or fenderwell mounted one. I have one for sale if interested.:cool: I do like the green. Will the black come off the lower part of the car easily?

I agree. I tune up for sure. Has it been sitting for a while? I would probably do a fuel pump and filter as well. And change out that intake to a oem or fenderwell mounted one. I have one for sale if interested.:cool: I do like the green. Will the black come off the lower part of the car easily?

You have a stock airbox for sale? I'll buy it if the OP doesn't want to!

Do a pm with him before one of those nasty moderators gets on you.

Ack! Where are my manners!? Told you guys I have ADHD! I immediately replied with "I'll buy it!" :oops::D

@Cwestcott22 : Love the color. Those pony rims look cool- I've seen chrome before, and obviously the light grey ones, but never ones painted like that.. Are they black or dark grey? Painted? surely not stock that color? What rims do you think you'll run when you switch to 5 lug, you figured that out yet?

They are faded black. I’m planning on going with the fr500 in bronze or a staggered deep dish 5 spoke and painting the car a black cherry red. I have big plans! But it needs a good amount of body work. Also thinking about a wrap! My I ask why that cold air set up is bad?

3310CD92-297A-4554-9C79-FA861FF0DB5C.jpeg
They are faded black. I’m planning on going with the fr500 in bronze or a staggered deep dish 5 spoke and painting the car a black cherry red. I have big plans! But it needs a good amount of body work. Also thinking about a wrap! My I ask why that cold air set up is bad?

Sucks more hot air in from the engine compartment. I have this one for sale. It mounts inside the fender. That’s off my old car.
D07FE301-2379-460E-8849-D2D92D7DB648.jpeg

First thing is to completely check for rust. Strut towers... rear frame rails above rear... floors...d door hinges... cowl area. I'd focus my attention there first. Electrical assessment, ignition switch connector, fog light switch, headlight switch, multifunction switch, radio harness... anything that may have been hacked by previous owner. Brakes would be next with subframe connectors.

GT's have their own set of known electrical issues. Melted turn signal switch plugs, melted ignition switches. There's a modification which takes the load of the fog lights off of the fog light switch and ignition switch. It involves writing in a relay so the fog light switch triggers a relay and the relay carries the load.

That's a good looking color combo. Green on black looks good. I understand the want for a color change though.

Good luck with this car. Glad someone is saving it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
First thing is to completely check for rust. Strut towers... rear frame rails above rear... floors...d door hinges... cowl area. I'd focus my attention there first. Electrical assessment, ignition switch connector, fog light switch, headlight switch, multifunction switch, radio harness... anything that may have been hacked by previous owner. Brakes would be next with subframe connectors.

Your absolutely right Sickfox. I forget about the rust issues. We don’t see that much here in the Southwest. Hardly ever.