new to mustangs, just ran mine

jawsgt

Sep 27, 2004
ohio
hey guys im new the forums and new to owning a mustang. previous car was a 99 ws-6 trans am M6, it ran 12.5@112 b4 i flipped it a few months ago. so i just bought a 95 gt M5 with a 140k miles on it. completely bone stock not 1 aftermarket part on it and i ran 14.9's consistently. hows that stack up to wut most of these cars run?

• Sponsors (?)

That sux. Must be your engine is blown.

J/K. That's in the ball park for a stock 5.0 in good condition. Too bad about the T/A. But welcome to StangNet. And I'm sure you'll find that Mustangs are much easier to work on.

oh ive def found mustangs r much easier to work on. i did my plugs in 20 minutes, try that on an ls1. the only thing i dont like about owning a mustang is for me to go fast i A. either have to go bigger cubes or B. go blown. but as of rite now i am ordering bbk longtubes, offroad h-pipe and bassani catback and a bbk cold air. how well do u think i'll do at the track in a few weeks with that? i also trapped a lil over 93 mph b4 so im hoping to get over 95 mph.

p.s. my trans am did close to 90 mph in the 1/8th mile now im hitting that in the 1/4 so i gatta do sumthing quick

thanx and i forgot to mention gears, i have 2.73's so im def ganan be swappin those out real soon. every 1 that knows me knows i can drag race, my t/a was just exhaust lid and gears and it ran mid 12's all day.

Consistent 14.9's isn't anything to frown upon for a stock 95. I ran a best of 14.79 with mine stock with around 28k miles, but mostly ran 14.9-15 flat. To be running that with 140k, I'm impressed. Some good aluminum heads, intake, and gears, you should be well into the mid 12 second range. Welcome to the dark side btw, it's nice over here :nice:

Unfortunately Ford never made the 302 as stout as the LTs... :bang:...still can't figure that one out???
Anyway she'll need a few bucks to catch up....Like said, get some 373's in there and that'll liven things up some...
I was never a Ford guy til this car..It was lame for sure stock...but now I love it...Its been a super dependable ride.. parts are failry cheap and abudant, easy to work on...
I opened the hood on my Neice's 95 Z/28 and freaked...screw working on that... :D

Does this bring back memories...
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=64C18C9C-7620-4EDB-BF5D-BD1C54D4E460

Welcome to the game... :nice:

I like both cars for very different reasons, the trans am's and marrows I like the performance aspect of them, I dont like the price of aftermarket parts for them. I like mustangs for the feel of them, the camaros and am's seem too awkward to drive and a little uncomfortable; although there more comfy than a ferrari and a lambo but would never pass on either one of those! Anyway you have lots and lots of time and money to build that thing up. Just have fun with it, if you dont like it in a month or two, they sell really easy too. Welcome to the boards.