New to Nitrous, where do i go?

nazstang

Mar 26, 2004
Rhode Island
New to Nitrous, where do i go now?

hey guys, what's up. well i just won and auction for a new zex dry kit (along with the purge kit for 290 :) ) , and am excited to get it in. i'm pretty new to nitrous, and am wondering what to look out for, to expect, and also what i need to keep it safe and running right.

this is going on my 88, which has the chassis setup to handle good power, a fresh T-5 (let's see how long that lasts) and some minor motor work. It's got a stock 84k short block, along with stock ported heads and ported intake. T-body, 77mm maf, 24lb inj, b-cam(i love the sound) pullies, msd, full exhaust, blah blah all the regular stuff. the thing is, i've got a performer II intake(i've already ported aswell :) ) and hope to get some nice drop-in heads soon(any suggestions would be great) .

I'm basically wondering if my fuel system is good enough, if the fuel pres. should be risen, timing and all that fun stuff. i've done pleanty of research, i just want to confirm what right and what's not. thanks alot guys :hail2: :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Run 1-2 step colder spark plug. Close the gap up a bit. Turn timing back 2* for every 50hp. With a dry kit you will need to turn the fuel pressure up so the car runs a little rich. So if you don't have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, get one. they are like $40-$50. Get a window switch so it only sprays above a certain rpm and quits before the rev limiter.

EDIT: I would get a bigger fuel pump if you don't already have one.

Im running a dry 75 shot on my car. Im on the stock pump and just ordered a FPR so I can up the pressure. If you have the stock pump dont go more than a 75 shot, my car starts to lean out bad if I go more than 75. Im gonna install a 255pump and spray 100 shot within the next month. Enjoy the kit, these dry kits hit hard and its fun as hell.

cool, thanks guys. i've already got a fpr, and i think the previous owner put a fuel pump in(not 100% sure, so i'll change it anyways). so basically i should run about 9* timing, get some autolite 24's?, and throw a window switch on there. I'll raise the FP to 43 psi, and 93 octane is all she gets anyways, so sounding good guys?!

It's been a long haul, but my stang's almost there:)

PDR_0015awheels.jpg

Attachments

• PDR_0015awheels.jpg
    PDR_0015awheels.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 61