New to the forum, bought a '93 Notch..

Hi guys,

I just picked up a 1993 T5 Black on Black Notch with 70K a few weeks ago and need a little advice, please..

Little background on me.. First, my name is Dan and i live a few minutes South of Charlotte, NC. Originally from Jersey.
I had a 1991 Strawberry notch when i was 21 (long time ago..) and i was living on my own and broke. I always wanted to throw a Paxton on her but i was eating ramen noodles most nights so i had no money for mods. I was only able to put some 3.73's in there and remove the silencer. I sold her after two years cause i couldn't afford the $170 payment..lol
I currently own a 2004 Stock Black Lightning with 30k miles (She's for sale:)) and recently owned a 2010 Jeep Cherokee SRT8.

Enough with the mushy stuff and on to the matter at hand. The 93 Notch is currently stock, one previous owner, she's beautiful. The interior is mint, the paint has crazed and the trim is faded, no bodywork at all. Only upgrade are Flowmasters from the previous owner
I have been going back and forth as to whether i want to keep her stock or do her up like i wanted in '94. I have her scheduled for a full paint job in February, they are media blasting the body and starting fresh. Same color.

I have decided to go all out and do her up like I want and forget about future resale Value (I always worry about that). I'll keep all the OEM parts as i always do.
My goal is a totally streetable notch that rides like a dream, but has the power to back up the notch heritage. I really like a smooth running car. Not a honda, I just like a clean and smooth running car.

Here's what i have bought so far (nothing installed):
Total exterior trim package and some odds and ends (thanks Foxresto)
Plugs, wires and disty cap/rotor (bought before i decided to go FI)
20th anniversary Black Vortech SC 7-9psi (ordered yesterday)
BBK Ceramic LT headers
H pipe
255lph FP
Boost/A/F gauge

Here's what i think i need:
Injectors- what size?
Colder plugs?
Power Pipe?
Ring/Pinion?
And of course a custom tune/dyno

I appreciate any advice and look forward to contributing.

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2948.JPG
    IMG_2948.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2951.JPG
    IMG_2951.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2952.JPG
    IMG_2952.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2956.JPG
    IMG_2956.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 173
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks! Attached some pics that the guy i bought it from sent me. And the clear headlights were removed, stomped on and stockers put back on.

Btw.. I am selling the rims and tires if anyone is interested. Only 500 miles on them. Can provide more info if interested.

Um why are you repainting? The clear HL are not that bad! Do you have pictures of previous owner? "Shes beautiful":lol::rlaugh:

Not to many 93 black on black 5spd notches with 70K! Nice find!

Scott

Um why are you repainting? The clear HL are not that bad! Do you have pictures of previous owner? "Shes beautiful":lol::rlaugh:

Not to many 93 black on black 5spd notches with 70K! Nice find!

Scott

The paint is glossy and looks awesome from a distance, but up close the bumper has lost the clear and the hood, roof and truck are all crazed, looks like poop. It needs it bad, and it's easier to do the whole car now instead of just the pieces.

The original owner was an older gentlemen from GA. The guy i bought it from bought it from the original owner, kept it 6 months and sold it to me. Never registered after the first owner. I haven't registered her yet.

The clears were terrible fit and finish. I see that there are some nice one's out there, but i really like the look of OEM, it brings me back to my '91.

Hey man, great foundation to start with!! You may want to not media blast that thing! I restore cars for a living and going to metal will really bring the cost of the paint job up! If its original paint you're better off leaving it and using the original paint as a "primer surfacer". There's nothin better to have paint stick to than a properly prepped OEM coating. Just tryin to help ya out with some advice from a pro! Good luck with her man, shes a beaut!

Hey man, great foundation to start with!! You may want to not media blast that thing! I restore cars for a living and going to metal will really bring the cost of the paint job up! If its original paint you're better off leaving it and using the original paint as a "primer surfacer". There's nothin better to have paint stick to than a properly prepped OEM coating. Just tryin to help ya out with some advice from a pro! Good luck with her man, shes a beaut!

Ive gone both routes recently, we media blasted the porsche and i stripped the 88. I agree with jesse, dont media blast the car unless you have it on a rotisserie and completely torn down.

Here's what i think i need:
Injectors- what size? 42 lb'ers
Colder plugs? YES BY 1-2 DEGREEES.
Power Pipe? YES ALSO. WILL GIVE 1-2 LBS AND LOOKS BETTER.
Ring/Pinion? I SUGGEST 3.55's IF IT MOSTLY A STREET CAR. STRIP WITH SLICKS A LOT GO 3.73's

And of course a custom tune/dyno

I appreciate any advice and look forward to contributing.

Thanks,
Dan

Hope those caps answers help. Pretty standard stuff.

That's a fine looking notch. I agree with the above posters, leave the Saleens on it, they look nice.

Oh, and just so you are aware, be easy on the tune with that S/C, 93 was the first year for cast pistons, unlike the previous years that came with forged from the factory.

That's a good looking coupe. The saleen's looks great on it but I understand if your going 5 lug and want rid of them. I've read on here that power pipes are good for another 10hp. Something like that, please don't quote me. I was also looking at the anniversary black Vortech kit, it looks very nice. Good luck, that will be a fun project. It's a nice clean start too.

Thanks Man, I'll check into that with the painter. I am pretty sure only the hood, bumpers and tailgate are being soda blasted. Maybe the front quarters too. Only reason is due to the amount of crazing, it's real bad on the hood. The painter said if they didn't strip it, it may come back up. The total cost with the soda blasting was $3800. I thought that was fair. What do you think?