New to the forum, bought a '93 Notch..

• Sponsors (?)

Ive gone both routes recently, we media blasted the porsche and i stripped the 88. I agree with jesse, dont media blast the car unless you have it on a rotisserie and completely torn down.

Thanks for the advice. The paint work is going to be near show quality, about 4 weeks from start to finish. I think the painter is going to sand the sides and roof, just the removable parts will get soda blasted due to the large amount of crazing from the GA sun..

get someone who knows what they are doing tune it and for the love of god don't beat on it till you do

the black blower kit is sweet BTW

Thanks. Went through this before with other cars so i'll keep out of it until i get it tuned. There's a goos shop a few miles away. I like to do all the wrenching myself and go to the pros for the tune.
I had the 3.73 on my '91 AOD and i pretty much lost overdrive. it reved so high on the highway. I guess that's not an issue with the manual?

That's a good looking coupe. The saleen's looks great on it but I understand if your going 5 lug and want rid of them. I've read on here that power pipes are good for another 10hp. Something like that, please don't quote me. I was also looking at the anniversary black Vortech kit, it looks very nice. Good luck, that will be a fun project. It's a nice clean start too.

Thanks Man, I am very excited to get started on this one. Yeah, the black kit is sweet, it will look pretty nice under the hood. Plus, I think Vortech is only making 100 of these. How sweet would it be if i got #93!! I just gotta get rid of the Lightning so i can free up some floor space.

Perfect!! Thank you.. Any good online places to pick up the injectors? Any brand better than others? I looked at the the usual stang websites and didn't see any 42 pound injectors.

They are everywhere really, just gotta hit the right sights. I haven't purchased injectors in a couple years as my combo is dialed in, but if you wanted Ford Racing injectors usually www.buyfordracing.com has them for a good price, or just go to good old summitracing.com and look there. Either will do you will :nice:

im just giving you crap, the older I get the more I appriciate a completly stock mustang with a/c and pony's .

Nothing wrong with hoped up car

I know it, i feel the same way.. That was my plan, but i saw the black Vortech and it started to snowball from there. Besides what i bought so far, i plan to keep the motor stock. I need to find a way to hide the gauges somewhere they can bee seen by me. I don't care for the a-pillar's anymore.

After seeing all of the replies and doing some thinking.. I have decided to keep her stock, except for the rims and flowmasters already installed. I am still going to get the paint done, but I'm going to keep it stock, not even a CAI. She won't be the fastest one on the street, but stock notches are becoming harder to find and this one deserves better:D

I appreciate everyone's honesty. I'll upload some "before and after pics" after the paint is done.

Thanks..