New To The Forum

mintondm

Dec 1, 2014
1st time fox mustang owner, already in over my head, and you guys seem to have a lot of the answers to questions I can't figure out elsewhere, so I figured it was time I signed up and get into the deep end.

Looking forward to getting my car running well as it was intended to be my daily driver, and who knows, maybe helping some people as well.

Long time gear head for the past 15 years, mostly jets, props and helos (aviation based), pretty technically inclined, I run an engineering department, so I'm pretty anal about doing things the right way... lol, and extremely apt in understanding anything explained to me. Usually only have to ask something once, then I'm good!

Little background on my POS introduction into the foxbody world. Here's what I know for sure (and there's some speculation since the guy I bought it off of wasn't a straight shooter, or got bad info himself, not sure which)

1988 Mustang GT Convertible

Bored 306 engine (apparently out of a 1991 GT)

C4 Automatic trans (with shift kit)

Totally stock top-end, stock cast heads, and not many other upgrades that I'm aware of (yet).

Rebuilt with a light cam (unsure of size and brand), MAF conversion, and a bunch of other small tweeks/mistakes that were made that I'm trying to undo. As a matter of fact, I'm on my way to post in the tech support section now! :)

Thanks for having me on board!

• Sponsors (?)