new to this site and learning about my car

Gtbabydriver

Jun 24, 2019
Portland, Maine
I have a 2014 mustang gt and I took it to the drag strip for the first time a week ago and since then I have purchased a pair of Hoosier slicks but no rims yet. I am pushing 405whp after putting in a set of BBK LTH and dyno. There were already some mods done before I bought it from my brother. I am looking to do cams but not sure which I should go with. I was asked the question about supercharging or turbocharging and I will do the latter at some point. Not too familiar with cams and all that I need so any advice will be appreciated.
mustang4.jpg
mustang1.jpg
mustang 10th mtn.jpg
mustang 10th mtn div.jpg

Reactions: Wife's Mechanic
  • Sponsors(?)

Wife's Mechanic

Jun 10, 2020
Gilbert, AZ
I have a 2014 mustang gt and I took it to the drag strip for the first time a week ago and since then I have purchased a pair of Hoosier slicks but no rims yet. I am pushing 405whp after putting in a set of BBK LTH and dyno. There were already some mods done before I bought it from my brother. I am looking to do cams but not sure which I should go with. I was asked the question about supercharging or turbocharging and I will do the latter at some point. Not too familiar with cams and all that I need so any advice will be appreciated.
mustang4.jpg
mustang1.jpg
mustang 10th mtn.jpg
mustang 10th mtn div.jpg
Sweet car! Brand new here, but not brand new to these cars. My advice based on my preference is to focus my first mods on things that connect me to the vehicle. Tactile things like a short throw shifter and a transmount bracket like blowfish, upgraded clutch spring, Steering wheel cover or steering wheel, suspension/track bars, etc before I start doing anything to increase power and noise.

Suspension...spend some money there. Those are really satisfying dollars.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
65fsbkhipo Great site if you want to learn about Ford Motors... Classic Mustang Specific Tech 2
B how do you use this site The Welcome Wagon 3
9 Newbie to the site saying HI The Welcome Wagon 1
B.D. Magoo Hello all you beautiful people! :) new to the site so gotta say hi. The Welcome Wagon 2
L New to this site just bought a 2007 Roush 427 Stage 3 Mustang GT The Welcome Wagon 2
Shelby58 Just joined the site. The Welcome Wagon 2
B New to site Classic Mustang Specific Tech 2
1 new To site Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 2
T New to this site The Welcome Wagon 2
9 New to site and I love mustangs The Welcome Wagon 7
92Snoopy New to this site ! The Welcome Wagon 0
F New to this site with my '96 GT. SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 1
J New to this site The Welcome Wagon 1
R New to site need help with a 2002 mustang gt SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 1
8 Hi, new to the site The Welcome Wagon 9
K Hello I am brand new to this site. I have a 2002 v6 stnd tran. and I have a street 302 +,060 with a c4 that I want to put into the car. How hard isit 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 1
F New to the site from NJ The Welcome Wagon 9
D I'm trying to post my mustang for sale on this site having no luck The Welcome Wagon 2
colorado cobra What Happened to the Mustang II Network site? 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech 8
S New to the Site The Welcome Wagon 1
9 New to the site The Welcome Wagon 2
oo7 Hi all. Awesome site! The Welcome Wagon 1
BlakeusMaximus This new site will take some getting used to! 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 7
markinms I Love This Site! The Welcome Wagon 2
Shane8996GTLX New To The Site The Welcome Wagon 1
C New To The Site And Need Some Help! 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 13
mhodge06 New To Site With Electrical Ground Questions. Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 8
stepterr New To Site The Welcome Wagon 3
Anthony Bonert New To The Site The Welcome Wagon 9
BigE85 New To Site And Owner Of My First Mustang Gt The Welcome Wagon 4
R New To Your Site! The Welcome Wagon 1
B New Here Guys Great Site The Welcome Wagon 3
masofnos Best Site For Cobra Parts? 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 6
W New To The Site And In Need Of Some Help!! The Welcome Wagon 11
O Sites? 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 2
J New To The Site The Welcome Wagon 1
A New To The Site From Northern Illinois The Welcome Wagon 4
A New To The Site The Welcome Wagon 4
7991LXnSHO Verticalscope Hacked, What Sites? 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 10
F New To Site And Need Help. The Welcome Wagon 0
J First Time On The Site The Welcome Wagon 4
J New To The Site The Welcome Wagon 5
R New To Site Need Tire Advice Asap 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech 0
Mtndreamer Having A Blast And New To The Site The Welcome Wagon 3
J New To Site The Welcome Wagon 4
R So I Bought A Fox And Joined This Site The Welcome Wagon 3
L Hello All New To The Site Looking For Help 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 8
Joe Kent (5.0 Joe) New To The Site, Been Around Foxes Since High School The Welcome Wagon 4
I New To The Site, New To Custom Work The Welcome Wagon 6
A New To Site: Just Bought 1991 5.0 Lx The Welcome Wagon 4