New Track #'s and a Sweet Cobra "Kill"

QU!CK

Apr 27, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Finally got a chance to hit the drag strip again last night with some friends :)

This was my first time at the strip since installing the full exhaust and I hit a new personal best of 8.74@82mph with a 2.0 60'

I was in the 8.7's-8.8's all night and even ran a few 8.8's while carrying a passanger!

Best kill of the night was a modded 96-98 Cobra. From what I could tell he had I/E/shifter/tires but not really sure if anything else. He got the jump but I pulled him AT THE TOP END WHILE CARRYING A PASSANGER!!!

2v > 4v.....jk, I'm sure I had more mods than him but he was also riding solo during the race. I tried to find him again so that we could make another pass but wasn't able to. With equal mods I'm sure the outcome would've been different.

Ah well, here's the specs from the race with the snake:

BULLITT
RT: .430
60': 2.056
1/8: 8.824
MPH: 80.527

COBRA
RT: .062
60': 2.307 :nonono:
1/8: 9.385
MPH: 77.963

He was running some kind of DR's taht I had never heard of before but they obviously didn't help...:shrug:

ah well, I'm happy with my new times and can't wait to get some sticky tires and LCA's....maybe hit 8.3-8.5 with those mods and some practice?

-J

• Sponsors (?)

congrats on the new best def get some sticky tires. Thing should be running a lot lower then that. I'm tring to think what your 1/8 time equals in the quarter. I'm guessing around a 13.4 casue i have a 7.95 and that run was a 12.549.

Ruckus46Gt said:
congrats on the new best def get some sticky tires. Thing should be running a lot lower then that. I'm tring to think what your 1/8 time equals in the quarter. I'm guessing around a 13.4 casue i have a 7.95 and that run was a 12.549.

Thanks. FWIW, this track has a rep for being "so-so" at best. I only run there since it's the closest track to me....I'm going to a 1/4 track in a month or two with some import buddies that is about 4hrs away. It's a much better track (or so I've heard) so we'll see what happens.

I'd like to get some rear LCA's and Nitto 555R's by then but I'll also need a second set of wheels to put them on....:bang:

-J

if you are going with a second set of rims do yourself a favor and go with bfg's the nitto's honestly dont hook good at all. Bfg's work great and last long. et street drag radials work a little bit not much better then the bfg's but last for crap.

Ruckus46Gt said:
if you are going with a second set of rims do yourself a favor and go with bfg's the nitto's honestly dont hook good at all. Bfg's work great and last long. et street drag radials work a little bit not much better then the bfg's but last for crap.

Really? I'll keep that in mind. What BFG's do you recommend?

-J

Forgot to mention it in my original post but FWIW there were a few more 99+ GT's out but I didn't get to run them.

One was hitting 9.3-9.5's with catback and a gear (can't remember what else he said he had...nothing major though)

Another was around 9.0-9.1 IIRC with DR's, SLP catback, and 3.73's.

-J

or you could do what i did
8e8db3f1.jpg

120_2092.jpg

Attachments

• 8e8db3f1.jpg
    8e8db3f1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 72
  • 120_2092.jpg
    120_2092.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 78
Nice passes man!

The best i've ever ran was 8.72 @ 82.31 in the 1/8th.. that was with tb/plenum, cai,o/r prochamber, welded-in flowmasters, 3.73's, 16* timing, u/d pulleys, tri-ax and some baldass 265/35/18's on the back