New track times...aode

NotQuik

Founding Member
Oct 21, 2000
Central Florida
I ran my car a few months ago and it went a best of 15.3@92 w/ 2.3 60', removed air silencer was it and the timing was at 8 degrees because it was pingin at that time as well. About 3 weeks ago i cleaned my maf and the pinging was gone so i decided to go back to the track again. First run I was disappointed with a 15.7@89 and 2.2 60'. My friend brought his timing light so he grabbed it and we bumped the timing up to 12 degrees and first pass it ran 15.0@92 w/ 2.2 60'. Next and last pass we bumped it to 14 and it went [email protected] w/ 2.150 60'. I'm trying to gather parts for a 5 speed swap now and full exhaust is on the list as well as a tune up (car just turned 100k miles with origional plugs and wires) Just thought i'd post my new times though.....let me know what you think.

• Sponsors (?)

Those are great times for a bone stock auto man! And a 2.150 60' is getting it done with stock gears as well. You should be very pleased in my opinion.

BTW... What was your 1/8 mile times and mph? I am curious to compare it to mine and see where I might be in the 1/4 (there isn't a 1/4 drag strip in under 100 miles from where I am at.)