New UPR Suspension, Need Help

here4advice

Mar 4, 2006
Okay, here goes. My friend and I have been trying everything we can think of to get his 88 Gt to hook at the track, We have installed a complete UPR set in the rear, Non adjustable. This was on for roughly four or five months before the drivers side LCA broke, we got a a replacement and got it changed, Now we seem to be having the same problem but it looks like the Pass Side UCA is the culprit. The 60' times are 2.0-2.2 consistent. It looks like the bushing for the UCA has broke, andy suggestions as to what we could do. We intend on Shocks and strut upgrade soon but would like to figure out why we keep breaking the Control arms. Thanks, and have a great evening.

FWIW--- What happens is under acceleration, the rear of the car will try to twist and the drivers side tire will rub against the inner fender. Sometimes it sticks, sometimes it doesn't. Again Thanks.

Josh

• Sponsors (?)

It all depends on how much power he is putting down...and what kind of tires he is running.

Adjustable control arms are really only needed if you are putting down a lot of power, if you are under 350whp, then I really don't see the need for adjustables. Solid upper and lower control arms with good urethane bushings, and subframe connectors are essential to getting decent traction.

It will be easier to see what you need, if we knew what he was running.

What kind of power are we talking about, and what suspension components? Also, what tires? Subframe connectors?

Suspension Mods include, UPR Uppers and Lowers Both Non Adjustable, The upperes have Spherical bushings on the Axle Housing, because those also broke when the Drivers side lower broke, The rest of the suspension is stock for now, Motor all we know is it is a 306, it has a Holley Systemax Intake, Ported and polished stock Heads, B or E cam unsure, BBK 1 5/8 long tubes, and BBK X-pipe, Solid Motor Mounts, it is still speed density but we are about to convert to Mass, the trans has been upgraded to a tko500, it has subframe connectors, and the fastest time in the 1/8th is 8.9 and that was with a 2.02 60'. Tires, Mickey Thompson E/T Streets Radial 275/40/17

Do they make spherical bushings for the uppers where they attach to the body?, also what shocks and struts would you recommend? Thanks for the help. Have a great weekend.

Josh