New used rims lol (weldrim users inside have ?)

I just came from Ft. Lauderdale and picked up some Weld Draglights :banana: . 15x3.5 up front 15x8 rear they need to be cleaned up but I have about a month or so before they will be one. But hell for $300 why not
IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

To make this tech I do have some ??
What lug nuts are need to fit (size, thread)?? And does anybody know what the size for the center caps is?? He said they have them on eBay but need to be measured. I can do it but if somebody knows the answer that will save me some time.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks man I just got a job (starting Sun) working for Discount/Advance autoparts (parts pro/consultant). They offer Eibach springs and I now get the employee discount. So spings should be pretty cheap, tires for the front are barley $100 for two. The rear tires (BF goodrich) are about $100 each. So in a month of so I expect my car to look like this
draglightxpsslantangle.jpg

wyt1.jpg

Attachments

• draglightxpsslantangle.jpg
    draglightxpsslantangle.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 58
  • wyt1.jpg
    wyt1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 66
94gts said:
ive always wondered what engine combo wystang has?
For now just you average bolt ons cobra intake, bbk equal lenght headers, mac off road h pipe, U/D pulies, 3.73. Since I'm back on my feet and will be working full time I'm leaning toward TW heads, wolverine 1087 cam, port my lower, and spray it with a 150 shot (NX kit) till kingdom come :D .

those are awesome! i have been looking at new rims and was set on black bullitts, but those pics are making me reconsider
I love them because not every other mustang has them. Every other Ford rim was been displayed my many, at least in the sn95 family.

wytstang said:
For now just you average bolt ons cobra intake, bbk equal lenght headers, mac off road h pipe, U/D pulies, 3.73. Since I'm back on my feet and will be working full time I'm leaning toward TW heads, wolverine 1087 cam, port my lower, and spray it with a 150 shot (NX kit) till kingdom come :D .

I love them because not every other mustang has them. Every other Ford rim was been displayed my many, at least in the sn95 family.

Good to hear you got a new job and are back on your feet. :nice: Sounds like a fun combo in the works too.

But every other mustang does have welds. Sorry..:(

Check the thickness of the center part of the rear wheel. I had a set of welds once and the center was so thick that I would have had to get longer wheel studs in order to run them. They require shank style lug nuts too, not the acorn style we run stock. To be NHRA legal with them you will need to have open ended lug nuts and the wheel stud must extend into the end of the lug nut a minimum distance as the stud's diameter... in our case 1/2". You will also need to do work up front by either running longer wheel studs and a wheel spacer (might not pass tech that way) or grinding down a good bit of the front caliper bracket so the skinnies will fit. Hope that helps

Cool thanks killer you're always helpfull

But every other mustang does have welds. Sorry..
Pro-stars perhaps but I haven't seen many running the dragwelds.

WHY DIDNT YOU PASS BY AND SAY HI!!

Where'd you get them?
RC
Sorry there was a mix up and the guy called me a day later after I got off work so I shot up there and did a s*n*a*t*c*h and grab lol. I picked them up just off of Commercial Blvd. right on Rock Island rd. I believe. It was a southfloridamustang.net member FtLauderBlkGT.

I have a set of pro stars and you do need a shank lug nut. I think the whole lug extending past the nut is if your on some kind of slick/ET street but I dont know for sure...might go with my small bfg DR and see what they say, I have a 7/16's spacer and the front skinnies just rub the front caliper. I am almost ready to swap on my 99+ calipers, as I just painted them and need pads, and my rotors are shot, The 99+ calipers should clear the rims with no grinding.

You can grind the front caliper at the cross bar on the stock 94-98 caliper to get the needed room.