• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

New wheels & springs on 05 convertible (pics)

  • Thread starter Thread starter 98YellowVobra
  • Start date Start date Jul 30, 2005
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

Aipaloovik

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
36
0
0
Aug 11, 2005
#21
  • Aug 11, 2005
  • #21
I've been trying to find a set of wheels I liked for my vert. And the OE Wheel shop is even in Riverside, right down the street from me. Oh man, I think you just cost me a lot of money.

Nice color choice BTW
 

05 BLK-BLK

New Member
Aug 7, 2005
56
0
0
Phoenix, AZ
Aug 11, 2005
#22
  • Aug 11, 2005
  • #22
98YellowVobra said:
Thanks.

Wheels just went on today and I haven't had a chance to get the alignment yet. I'm hoping they can get it aligned without caster / camber plates.

Also, if you look carefully at the pictures you can see that the rear wheels are just a shade closer to the drivers side, so it looks like I'm going to need to get an adjustable panhard to correct that. The Pro-Kit springs dropped it a little more than I expected, but I love the look.
Click to expand...

Nice car man

Have you gotten the alignment done yet? If so, how was the camber? I've read several posts where people have stated that they had problems getting the camber in check. I just bought an 05 that had the suspension already done.....and I just happened to notice the other day that (at least to my eye) the camber appears to be a bit extreme on the negative side. So I checked the wear on the inner side of both tires and they are definetly wearing faster than the outer sides. I might have to take it in to a suspension shop...
 

98YellowVobra

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2000
99
0
0
American Fork, UT
Aug 11, 2005
#23
  • Aug 11, 2005
  • #23
05 BLK-BLK said:
Nice car man

Have you gotten the alignment done yet? If so, how was the camber?
Click to expand...

Thanks.

No, I haven't done the alignment yet. There's a really good alignment shop near me but it's far enough away that I will need to take some time off work to get it done and I just haven't been able to get it over there. I'd better hurry though before I wear out those new tires...
 

98YellowVobra

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2000
99
0
0
American Fork, UT
Aug 11, 2005
#24
  • Aug 11, 2005
  • #24
Aipaloovik said:
I've been trying to find a set of wheels I liked for my vert. And the OE Wheel shop is even in Riverside, right down the street from me. Oh man, I think you just cost me a lot of money.

Nice color choice BTW
Click to expand...

Sorry about that...

Look at the bright side though. You won't have to pay shipping! Of course, you will have to pay tax...
 

JHO2theIZZO

New Member
Apr 8, 2005
12
1
0
Aug 12, 2005
#25
  • Aug 12, 2005
  • #25
looks sharp
lowering springs is my next mod
 
L

lagamm

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
25
0
0
Aug 12, 2005
#26
  • Aug 12, 2005
  • #26
love your stang. I'm planning on getting the same color GT but not a vert. I printed out your pics and they are pinned up in my garage till I get mine.
 
F

fmc01

New Member
Apr 9, 2005
4
0
0
Aug 13, 2005
#27
  • Aug 13, 2005
  • #27
I like the wheels! Do they sell them w/o the chrome...say a polished or brushed finish?
 

98YellowVobra

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2000
99
0
0
American Fork, UT
Aug 16, 2005
#28
  • Aug 16, 2005
  • #28
lagamm said:
love your stang. I'm planning on getting the same color GT but not a vert. I printed out your pics and they are pinned up in my garage till I get mine.
Click to expand...

Sweet! You'll love the car when you get it.
 

98YellowVobra

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2000
99
0
0
American Fork, UT
Aug 16, 2005
#29
  • Aug 16, 2005
  • #29
fmc01 said:
I like the wheels! Do they sell them w/o the chrome...say a polished or brushed finish?
Click to expand...

All they offer currently is the chrome finish.

I agree with you though. I think the brushed (just like what is on the GT500 prototype) would look really nice as well.
 
S

SactoStang

New Member
Aug 2, 2005
0
0
0
Sacramento CA
Aug 17, 2005
#30
  • Aug 17, 2005
  • #30
Very sharp car! I like the drop and I agree that it makes your car look more aggressive. Very nice color choice.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
373
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
What's it Worth? 2000 GT
  • Mustang5L5
  • May 8, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
6
Views
415
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 13, 2026
KRUISR
305-45-17 tires on Pony wheels (17")?
  • TTSaleen
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
744
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 25, 2026
TTSaleen
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
O
SOLD FS: 18" FR500 chrome wheels and Toyo tires
  • optionizerSS
  • May 21, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
1
Views
201
Other Classifieds Jun 2, 2026
optionizerSS
O
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?