• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

New Wheels

  • Thread starter Thread starter the prince
  • Start date Start date Jun 15, 2006
T

the prince

New Member
Jun 15, 2006
0
0
0
Jun 15, 2006
#1
  • Jun 15, 2006
  • #1
Hey. This is the first time I've posted on these forums...I have an 05 Windveil Blue GT. The only mods I have so far are roush louvers, flowmaster exhaust mufflers, and a pioneer six disc changer. In the near future I plan on putting on the GT-R ram air hood and a Boss striping kit. I also plan on getting new rims. I want to go with something classic looking...just larger. I'd either like Shelby razor style or the old five spoke style. My question is size...I really want them as big as they can be without grinding. I know some of you think that too big of rims will look bad but I really like them. I know 20s will fit but will 22s? How bad will my ride be? How will my cornering be? Are there any suspension modifications that will become necessary? Anything else to look for in a rim? I plan on wrapping them in Pirelli P-Zero Neros. I don't know too much about rims so thanks for any help.
 

Reign696

New Member
Jan 15, 2006
38
0
0
Alabama
Jun 15, 2006
#2
  • Jun 15, 2006
  • #2
Welcome to StangNet!!!!!:SNSign:

I've gone through 2 pairs of wheels. My first wheel swap was for 18" Full-Face Chrome wheels, then 3 months later, I went 18" Chrome/Black Tuner Wheels. Today I went back to the Original Bullits. I went back to the Originals because they make my car look more Distinguished. Anyway, a lot of 'Stangs here have the 20" wheels, and they look Awesome!!!
But I think that if you go to a 20" wheel, you'll have to modify your suspension. If you went to a 22" wheels, you'd either have an extremely thin tire or you'd have to Lift your ride some.
Side Note: The GT-R Ram Air Hood looks Awesome!!! I'm thinking of getting it too!

Well that's my 2 cents. Once Again Welcome the the Family, and Please Post Pics of your Ride!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Rear Disc and Rims Offsets
  • TripleYellow
  • Nov 11, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 9, 2026
TripleYellow
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
406
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Aftermarket styled steel wheels
  • mfp4073
  • Jan 18, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
473
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jan 20, 2025
mfp4073
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
280
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?