newb here have a problem with my 96 mustang gt

IM NEW HERE SO BARE WITH ME PLEASE i have a 96 mustang gt o/r h pipe and flowmasters

few months ago my car was boging and idleing rough

people say it was the IAC going out but i dont think that is the problem

i took it to a auto shop they said that the car is fine and i should

tighten up (this was a few months ago and plus its been cold here and

snowing dont have a place to work in ) the belt tensioner/idler pulley

well then i heard the iac is bad and such but there is whine coming from

the front of the engine which i think its that pulley why im losing power

because the car stalled out on me back in october when i was coming out of

a parking lot that had a slight hill.

and it has surges the battrey gauge and oil gauge will fluctuate when it idles and

the runs around 500-700 RPM'S (but sometimes the rmp's will go up and down

when i put it in gear and when im stoped at a light) is that normal?

i have checked the alt. and such and i still dont know the problem is

so is it the belt tensioner or IAC or both lol

• Sponsors (?)

A bad IAC usually causes the car to run only when the the gas is pressed...and stalls when you release the accelerator. Bogging and rough idle could be plugs and wires. Check them to be sure they are in good shape.

The whine could be a pulley but they will make noise when it is cold and until they warm up. If you still have noise after warm-up then you may have a bad one.

As far as the fluctuating voltage mine has done it as long as I've had the car. Could be a faulty voltage regulator on the alternator if you just started this issue.

A bad IAC usually causes the car to run only when the the gas is pressed...and stalls when you release the accelerator. Bogging and rough idle could be plugs and wires. Check them to be sure they are in good shape.

The whine could be a pulley but they will make noise when it is cold and until they warm up. If you still have noise after warm-up then you may have a bad one.

As far as the fluctuating voltage mine has done it as long as I've had the car. Could be a faulty voltage regulator on the alternator if you just started this issue.

yea it still whine after the car warmed up it will go on and off and the guage it started in end of october, but when i bought the car the guy just put wires and plugs and replaced one of the coil packs since i had it the car had 100k miles i put 2000 miles on it since then