Newbie Saying Hello

Hello All,
I just purchased a 97 Cobra last Friday on Bring a Trailer that was a former Bob Bondurant driving school car to use as my next track day car. This is my first “modern” Mustang and I have a lot to learn about it.
Are there any areas of concern with these cars for track use? Any weak area I need to know about?
I’ll be heading to the track (Fontana) this Saturday so any and all input here would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Scott

• Sponsors (?)

If its a driving school car it should be set up pretty well, a test drive will tell you a lot. You might Google it and see what was done to the cars etc, I remember reading something about that years ago.
Nice score!!

Thanks guys,
Yes it has some nice pieces on it from when Roush set them up for Bonduraunt. 6 point cage, fuel cell, seats, harnesses, fire system, super heavy duty cooling system (since the school is in Az.) some cool suspension pieces.
I usually run my Cortina GT (does anyone here know what that is?) track car but wanted an upgrade and grabbed this on BAT last week. I hope it will be fun.
Cheers,

I remember cortinas, they are older english fords I think, always wanted one.
Just check out the usual wear points like front and rear control arms, brakes and look for damaged control arm attaching points, those cars were well maintainted though,
Could be a really good score on your part :nice: