Newby in VA

Hello everybody, longtime Mustang enthusiast here, my first Mustang was a blue 1990 GT that I loved but had to sell because I was a broke kid and it was unreliable. Fast forward 20 years, my father who is recently retired finally gave in and let me take the reins to his 1999 yellow and black GT convertible so that I can fix it up and keep it in the family for years to come. The car is fairly decent shape but it needs a lot of love to get it back in it's prime, I am an aircraft mechanic by trade but my knowledge of automobile maintenance and modification isn't up to par. So I figured it would be a good idea to hop on here and pick all your brains as needed and hopefully I can contribute as well. I look forward to getting to know you all better and sharing my vehicle progress, Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome. I hope that you are doing well down in Virginia during all of this.

Glad to hear that your going to be keeping one in the family. Post some pictures up of it and lets see how we can help you out.

Aircraft and Mustangs have a lot in common, they both cost too damn much but we cant help to keep doing what we do to them.

1999 yellow and black GT convertible isn't common in my area, we mostly will see blue or red here.

Here is where we post up on our tech and talk mostly. I will be on the V6 side but look at everything because other than the engines they are basically the same.