Newest member of the Split Block Club

• Sponsors (?)

it was a '69 block.
shifted at 61-6200, went thru the traps at 6400. i wish it was lower, but my crappy converter slipped alot.
race weight was 3250 lbs.
block hp limits are guesstimations. some will handle more, some less (because of many reasons). mine was less. :(
i'm too damn poor for a dart (which means a new rotating assy). i'll try another early block and keep the rpms to 6100 max.

The cracked 302 block club is pretty long but I just haven't heard of 351's cracking. But I don't read the turbo forums either. That turbo is really doing a great job of pressurizing.:hail2:

Sorry to hear that. A Dart block would be sweet. You could even pump it up a bit more. I would have to have my wallet pumped up a lot more to get one though.

Sounds like you were running some serious HP...
Maybe as much as 800.
Sounds like you were asking for trouble! ;)
Sorry to hear about that.
However I think it is pretty impressive that it took that much HP to do the deed.

I see everyone here talking about Dart blocks.
Is there a reason there is no buzz about the Man-O-War?
There are more impressive bells and whistles on that one compared to the Dart IMO.
Dave

Sounds like you were running some serious HP...
Maybe as much as 800.
Sounds like you were asking for trouble! ;)
Sorry to hear about that.
However I think it is pretty impressive that it took that much HP to do the deed.
Dave
I remember seeing a 10 sec car years ago in a mag. Not a fast 10, but a 10.7 @137. He ran on 18's and low pros. But he dynoed 714 RWHP. There something to think about.

I remember seeing a 10 sec car years ago in a mag. Not a fast 10, but a 10.7 @137. He ran on 18's and low pros. But he dynoed 714 RWHP. There something to think about.

dyno schmyno!! I hear about lots of later model Mustangs that are nothing more than dyno queens, lots of them in the 500 + range to the wheels that can barley run a high 12... I guess they are just heavy and not set up right. Paul was putting down some serious #'s to the wheels and could back it up!!

thanks. i wish i had a chance to dyno it, just for curiosity.

you guys will crap when it tell you about the heads. are you ready for this? (i can't make this stuff up): the heads were cut for a 2.08 valve, but had 2.02 valves installed!! plus all of the seats had sunk, so none of the exhaust valves were sealing worth a crap.
all things considered (bad heads and horrible converter), i think the car ran ok.

thanks. i wish i had a chance to dyno it, just for curiosity.

you guys will crap when it tell you about the heads. are you ready for this? (i can't make this stuff up): the heads were cut for a 2.08 valve, but had 2.02 valves installed!! plus all of the seats had sunk, so none of the exhaust valves were sealing worth a crap.
all things considered (bad heads and horrible converter), i think the car ran ok.
:jaw:
you might as well get a good tight converter, fix the heads and start thinking about purchasing valley gurdles?

http://www.horsepowersales.net/

:jaw:
you might as well get a good tight converter, fix the heads and start thinking about purchasing valley gurdles?

http://www.horsepowersales.net/
I was talking to my engine builder yesterday about adding those to mine. He said their a joke(he's even a dealer). They mount with 2 dowels at the outerweb and a bolt in the center and "floats" above the lifter valley. He designed a better piece that also bolted to the front and rear of the block, but the original guy has a patent pending,so he dropped it.He said the bottom girddle does all it can do, the block is gonna split either way, but it saves the rotating assembly. I should have mine back and running right before Knotts:nice:

dyno schmyno!! I hear about lots of later model Mustangs that are nothing more than dyno queens, lots of them in the 500 + range to the wheels that can barley run a high 12... I guess they are just heavy and not set up right. Paul was putting down some serious #'s to the wheels and could back it up!!

Hey......just cause I gave up on my 68 with leaf springs doesn't mean my late model 93 can't back up those numbers. I'm running the same engine that was in my 68 that dyno'd at 400 Hp with 550 Tq at the rear wheels with a best time of 7.40 with a 1.65 60' in the 1/8 and now running 6.80's with a 1.45 60' with the 93 mostly because of the 60' times. Maybe they had "Made in China" parts? HeHe (inside joke to washMO66)