Roush Newest Saleen Forum On The Net!

DeJays Saleen

Jul 23, 2005
Hey everyone... my name is De'Jay from http://www.dejayssaleen.com I've started a new online forum for Saleens. If you have a min please take the time to stop by and check it out. We're looking for all of you that have a passion for Saleens like the rest of our members. I appoligize that there is a ad in the begining but if you click past that part then your into the forum. Please check it out and be sure to join. Thanks!

http://www.saleentalk.tk

De'Jay

• Sponsors (?)

Just a heads up.

1. You forgot your C-pillar treatment on your clone.

2. With what you spent, you could have purchased a "real", authentic production car.

3. Steve will sign anything if you ask him to.

Nice headlamp bulbs though. :D

marcus95 said:
Just a heads up.
2. With what you spent, you could have purchased a "real", authentic production car.
3. Steve will sign anything if you ask him to.
Nice headlamp bulbs though. :D
LOL :rlaugh:

DeJays Saleen said:
inside out, Steve Saleen was so impressed he signed off on the car in 4 different locations... making the car official. The transformation to Saleen was now complete with his stamp of approval.
I've got a 1:18 scale Saleen S7 and about 15 posters signed by Steve himself, that must make them all authentic Saleens :p

DeJays Saleen said:
2001 Saleen S281 #06
Because we all know they make #06 cars yearly :shrug:

I have no problem with a Saleen clone, its the ultimate form of flattery! But to say it is real. :notnice: If I owned a Shelby Cobra kit car, there is no way in hell I would say it is authentic, even if Carroll signed it in four different places. The car does look rather impressive, I'll give you credit for that.

Just make sure you don't sign his guestbook with any negative comments because he will just delete them anyways......
The fourm does look rather interesting, I'll probably keep an eye on it. But I'm sure every comment made that he doesn't like, he'll just erase anyways, just like his guestbook

just trying to get more people that share the same feeling for saleens to join... thats it people. Either join the site or don't. But just try not to turn this into yet another drama stang hating thread.

marcus95 said:
Just a heads up.

Thats cuz C-pillars fit like **** and Im on my 3rd set.

And yes it would of been cheaper to buy a saleen that someone else put together. I would of done so if I had all the money at once. But I take pride in doing everything myself and not just paying for it. Now, back on subject. Im just trying to get people to join the site. Not have people rip on my ride. If you want to join the new saleen site... great... if not, thats fine but try to hold off from trying to put my ride down. I've worked very hard for it.

Most people here are actually saying they like your ride, so no one is trying to put it down.

What most people, including me, are miffed about is the fact that you, on numerous sites, have said that your clone is official. It is a really good clone, but unless it came from the factory, nothing can make it official. It can not be added to the saleen registry.

This is a persistant rumor that has been going on for years that someone who can buy all the saleen parts can have their car authenticated by saleen. Many saleen owners meet this a lot from bystanders and have to explain otherwise. Seeing what you say on your website and on mustangworld and think that the rumor is true.

I like your car, it is a very good clone and I respect the work that has gone into it, but I do not like the attitude that it is official in any sense of the word. Steve Saleen would sign anything from a corvette to a golf cart if asked politely.

I agree with SR351speedster, I do have a FFR cobra that I spent 3 years building, and I would never even think about telling people it was real.

DeJays Saleen said:

And yes it would of been cheaper to buy a saleen that someone else put together. I would of done so if I had all the money at once. But I take pride in doing everything myself and not just paying for it. Now, back on subject. Im just trying to get people to join the site. Not have people rip on my ride. If you want to join the new saleen site... great... if not, thats fine but try to hold off from trying to put my ride down. I've worked very hard for it.

I didn't put down or rip your ride, like I said, it looks great. I'm a sucker for a white mustang, if you couldn't tell by my signature. I just don't like people calling it something it is not. I'm sure you've worked very hard on it. :nice:

The message forum looks great as well. I would just hate to join and put up posts only for them to be taken down because someone didn't hear what they wanted to hear. I've known a few people that signed your guestbook that you deleted because they didn't say what you wanted to hear. Gotta take the good with the bad my man.............

DeJays Saleen said:

Jr.

You must have people "put your ride down" often because you quoted me as doing so.
I only pointed out that you could have purchased an "authentic car" and the fact that you mention on your page that you pay attention to "precise detail" but forgot the most commonly missed clone visual part ( the c-pillar treatment ).

I think it is great that within your sphere of influence everyone you tell thinks your car is real. Good for you. I hope you sleep well at night thinking about the fourth set of c-pillars on the way to you. They do not come painted so you need to put some work into them before prep and paint. You should not have to go though three sets. Nice explanation.

I bet you can't even tell me why Saleen does not even build a bumper number #06 car. Better yet why don't you post your vin number so I can email Liz tomorrow. That way I can post her response on your site only to have it deleted.

Once again, like before on one of the other forums I commented on how good your car looked. It's not that it does not look great ( especially the air suspension ) but because of your attitude you just got flamed.
Nice.

I'll give you props on your ride. It is good looking clone. Now, if you don't want flamed and want respect, fix the lies on your site. Don't call your car authentic and pass off the BS about Steve's stamp of approval and "real" Saleen owners may actually visit/join your site. There are Saleens, and there are modified Mustangs. You have a nicely modded Mustang, but you don't have a Saleen. Own up to that and you'll get the props without the flames. Don't and take your licks. :flame: Nothing makes Saleen owners madder then some knucklehead that tries to pass off a clone as real! End of story...

sal07b said:
I'll give you props on your ride. It is good looking clone. Now, if you don't want flamed and want respect, fix the lies on your site. Don't call your car authentic and pass off the BS about Steve's stamp of approval and "real" Saleen owners may actually visit/join your site. There are Saleens, and there are modified Mustangs. You have a nicely modded Mustang, but you don't have a Saleen. Own up to that and you'll get the props without the flames. Don't and take your licks. :flame: Nothing makes Saleen owners madder then some knucklehead that tries to pass off a clone as real! End of story...

I agree with sal07b....nice site and perhaps you will get the people you so desire in time, but please edit some of your info on your site. I do like the pictures of the rides thread, you did a good job there.

I am a little surprised you choice the number 06 from all the numbers out there..there are a few numbers saleen does not use on ANY of their cars and the number 06 happens to be one of them...Steve will sign anything, but bring Liz over to your car and you will find out just who runs that company :D

good luck with your site, perhaps I will find my way over there in the future :nice:

saleenster said:
I agree with sal07b....nice site and perhaps you will get the people you so desire in time, but please edit some of your info on your site. I do like the pictures of the rides thread, you did a good job there.

I am a little surprised you choice the number 06 from all the numbers out there..there are a few numbers saleen does not use on ANY of their cars and the number 06 happens to be one of them...Steve will sign anything, but bring Liz over to your car and you will find out just who runs that company :D

good luck with your site, perhaps I will find my way over there in the future :nice:

Why don't they use the number 06, and what other numbers don't they use?

I was hoping Deejay would come back and say something interesting or tell me why Saleen does not use #06.

Saleen had a number #06 order car in the beginning but the customer cancelled the order from the dealer.
When you have only built a few cars, having an order pulled was a big deal.
After that, they remembered there was no #06 car from the year before and decided perhaps it was a bad luck number so they take a pass on that number every year.
Bad karma # for Saleen I guess.

Marcus - you have way to much useless Saleen knowledge bro... :nice:

So - I have an important question that you may be able to answer for me:

If you're driving your one doored Saleen down main street and the right front tire blows, how many basketballs does it take to fill a manhole? :rlaugh:

.....Which door do you have on the Saleen and how big is the pothole??? Were you making a lane change, turning, braking, what?? You need to be more specific with the question for us SoCal guys with all our useless Saleen knowledge to make an accurate answer :p
Just FYI, is it really useless information if you are posting comments about it?? It seems to me it is pretty usefull after all :shrug:

Don't get your panties in a bunch Speedster, I'm just given Marcus crap for being a Sal-o-genius! Geez, you white Saleen owners are so damn sensitive.

Regarding the One Doored Saleen, it had the passenger door, I'm pretty sure there was a Metro in the pothole, and ruhmor is the driver was turning while braking "during" a lane change. Hopefully this helps. Oh yea, and the Saleen was white of all colors (damndest thing... :D )...

sal07b said:
Don't get your panties in a bunch Speedster, I'm just given Marcus crap for being a Sal-o-genius! Geez, you white Saleen owners are so damn sensitive.

Come on Dave, you know me well enough to know that us white saleen owners are not sensitivo. Notice the pink tongue hanging out of the smiley face, hello!!!!!! :D

sal07b said:
Regarding the One Doored Saleen, it had the passenger door, I'm pretty sure there was a Metro in the pothole, and ruhmor is the driver was turning while braking "during" a lane change. Hopefully this helps. Oh yea, and the Saleen was white of all colors (damndest thing... :D )...

Now we can answer this usless Saleen question with some confidence knowing the whole situation.........It must be you driving the car and I've seen how you drive so the pot hole will need 2 basketballs to be completely filled or 4 flat ones. I think that was a pretty obvious answer that any Saleen owner would know :rlaugh: