NEXT MOD POLL!

What next?

• Cobra R hood, Saleen spoiler, new paint.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Suspension

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • MORE POWER!

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

Skidzz

Tinkerbell
Apr 11, 2005
Salt Lake City, UT
It's been a while since I polled you guys (no homo) on what mod I should do next, but last time I did you listened to what you all said (4.10's) and I was very happy with the outcome. Here are the options I'm looking at next:

1. Cobra R hood, Saleen spoiler, new paint (my paint is looking rough with clear coat failure just below the headlights which I actually think came from the car crying because I haven't modded it in so long.)

2. Full suspesion. That means springs, shocks and struts, CC plates, and LCA's. I want to do this BEFORE rims because I think 18's will look awful without lowering it.

3. MORE POWER. I'm looking into LT's, plenum/tb, CAI, and a NX 150 shot. But I'm open to suggestion.

I'm leaning towards #2 at the moment, but I want to know what all you guys think about it. At the moment it's a DD but within the next year I plan to get a new car as a DD and the Mustang will become strictly a toy.

• Sponsors (?)

If you're DD'ing it, avoid suspension like the plague. This is merely my personal preference, and I'm sure everyone will shoot me down. But anything you do to the suspension will make it tighter, more responsive (not just to turns, also more responsive to BUMPS in the road), more firm, and more stiff.

I don't know about you but I didn't really care for bouncing my way to work everyday. Changing the oil is a PITA, sometimes I couldn't pull into driveways or stores, and I got stuck on a speed bump once. My car wasn't even that low; it had Eibach prokit springs, which are the taller of the Eibachs'.

Like I said, I'm all for suspension upgrades, but probably not if it's your only means of transportation right now. Do the suspension when your car is off of DD duty; then it will certainly be more enjoyable.

My vote: more power. Things you said are good, plus you've already got the full PI swap w/cams so let it breath a little better. CAI, TB, MAF, LT's, etc...

If you're DD'ing it, avoid suspension like the plague. This is merely my personal preference, and I'm sure everyone will shoot me down. But anything you do to the suspension will make it tighter, more responsive (not just to turns, also more responsive to BUMPS in the road), more firm, and more stiff.

I don't know about you but I didn't really care for bouncing my way to work everyday. Changing the oil is a PITA, sometimes I couldn't pull into driveways or stores, and I got stuck on a speed bump once. My car wasn't even that low; it had Eibach prokit springs, which are the taller of the Eibachs'.

Like I said, I'm all for suspension upgrades, but probably not if it's your only means of transportation right now. Do the suspension when your car is off of DD duty; then it will certainly be more enjoyable.

My vote: more power. Things you said are good, plus you've already got the full PI swap w/cams so let it breath a little better. CAI, TB, MAF, LT's, etc...

After installing the pro-kit, LCA's, FLSFC's, and new shocks/struts I found that my car actually rode better than it did when stock. Perhaps the stock shocks were just worn out, but it bumped and jounced all over the place with the stock suspension set up. There are some bumps where it certainly does ride more rough, but all in all it's not bad in MN which is FULL of potholes.

After installing the pro-kit, LCA's, FLSFC's, and new shocks/struts I found that my car actually rode better than it did when stock. Perhaps the stock shocks were just worn out, but it bumped and jounced all over the place with the stock suspension set up. There are some bumps where it certainly does ride more rough, but all in all it's not bad in MN which is FULL of potholes.

In my car, I did Pro-Kit, upper & lower Steeda aluminum control arms, all urethane bushings, Tokico HP shocks & struts, CC plates, custom Wild Rides full sub-frames completely welded in.

It was like driving on rails, and certainly fun. But doing it day in and day out was a PITA.

I say #2. Get a MM grip box and add some sway bar bushings, end links, and aluminum rack bushings. You will absolutely love the results. I didnt think a mustang could corner this good till I got this stuff installed. Making the car handle better just makes it more fun to drive.