Next Upgrade

Hey guys so far I've got a mac cold air intake, BBK x-pipe (off-road), and two chamber flowmasters. Not a whole lot, but I'm getting there. So as far as horse power goes what do you all think would be the best bang for the buck (staying under 300 USD) would be to get me running faster.

• Sponsors (?)

Yea gears are great. when i had my 90 gt i put in a set of 4.10's and it was a huge pickup in acceleration but a little loss in top speed. I just got a 03 gt 5spd not sure what gears to put in it.

Update

Just went out yesterday and bought a Ford Racing 3.73's (put on my BBK under drive pulleys to) I'll be a Orlando Speedway this Saturday seeing what she runs now. Thanks for the input guys, also I've been considering putting a nitrous setup in my stang, but there are like 2 different companys I've been looking at Zex, NOS what do you all think I should get as far as safety and reliability.

- Drew

p4inz - what year is your car? Odds are you have 3.27's now you may not see a big pick up going from a 3.27 to a 3.73. I have 4.10's still get 24mpg on the hwy.
Ok i was going to say Nitrous. I suggest you look at all the companies they each have their supporters. I like NX customer support is above and beyond any of the others IMO. You didn't mention if you were looking at a wet kit or dry or powerlevel. I prefer a wet kit and I stick with the 100hp nx jetting. With that my car makes over 400rwhp and over 500ftlbs on a superflow dyno.
Now for things to consider with your nitrous.
1. Bottle heater - not really a saftey item but you will need the bottle pressured up to whatever psi you choose to run at.
2. Colder Plugs - I suggest tr6's they are one step colder
3. SVT Focus pump - I ran without one and I'm lucky I strongly suggest getting one.
4. DYNO TUNE - I was not a big believer in dyno tunes, that was till I had my car strapped down and the pulls started the lean spike coming in was AWFUL I am lucky I didn't blew it up racing all last year without one.
5. Blow down tube - Some tracks require one for any car some don't
6. Fire jacket - NHRA rules say any car with an aftermarket power adder must wear one.
7. Window switch - I ran without one and I use one now it is much easier I don't have to think about when I mat the gas I just have to drive.
8. FPSS - some swear by them and they are a good idea, also suggest not spraying with less than 1/4 tank I don't spray with less than 1/2 a tank.