Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 90
Somebody with an SN95 must have used that intake before you bought it. Drilling out that hole is for installing the throttle body adapter / elbow to bolt it up from the back of the flange.

What throttle body studs did you use? Those look like 12 points, nice!

Engine bay looks great. One question though, whats the deal with the middle bolt head sticking up? Mine is flush with the intake

I bought the intake used and it didn’t come with bolts. That was the only bolt I could source quickly, but it will definitely be changed out for something more visually appealing eventually.

Reactions: 1 user
Somebody with an SN95 must have used that intake before you bought it. Drilling out that hole is for installing the throttle body adapter / elbow to bolt it up from the back of the flange.

What throttle body studs did you use? Those look like 12 points, nice!

Yes, it did come from an SN. Why would only one of the four be drilled though?

Throttle body studs are ARP.

Last edited:
It's due to the way those SN throttle body adapters bend forward and down. It blocks the lower right-hand corner of the flange so that you can't feed a bolt through or get a nut on the stud from the front. You drill out the threads in the intake so that you can feed a bolt through from the back side of the flange. I believe that hole on the adapter is threaded.

Good luck with the fuel line fix. I'm anxious to hear the feedback on the intake swap.

Fuel rails are repaired. As another member here had done in the past, I took my fuel rails into a custom hose and fittings shop, and they hooked me up. It’s a simple bit of Parker brand rubber fuel line rated for high pressure, and some nifty clamps kinda like PEX for those that have done home improvement plumbing. They even cut and installed them for a whopping $3.80. I was in a hurry to get them back on the car and tested while my daughter was still asleep in the truck, so I only took a couple pics post installation.

This one is drivers rear corner.

EFEEFF0A-B5BA-4A48-A8FD-8629E2887E15.jpeg

And this is front passenger side.

2304BDDE-4ECA-41E6-B8CE-AB8DE394A3A4.jpeg

Got it bolted down and primed the fuel system, and all is well again.

• Winner
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 6 users
Engine is back together, and I threw on my Magnaflow exhaust tips. The idle surges like mad, so I didn’t make a video, but the car rips. My tuner really only needs to fix the idle and address the low rpm bucking as best he can, but I’m sure he will tweak the whole tune. I’m happy though, it pulls hard up high now, and finally does donuts!!!!!!

Driveway donut video to come.

BCED451D-431C-4DEE-BBF1-2B9B4C94D206.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
Engine is back together, and I threw on my Magnaflow exhaust tips. The idle surges like mad, so I didn’t make a video, but the car rips. My tuner really only needs to fix the idle and address the low rpm bucking as best he can, but I’m sure he will tweak the whole tune. I’m happy though, it pulls hard up high now, and finally does donuts!!!!!!

Driveway donut video to come.

BCED451D-431C-4DEE-BBF1-2B9B4C94D206.jpeg
Is this a picture of a car???????

Its sooo dark i can’t tell. :shrug: