Night Shifter's engine bay clean up and make pretty thread

Night Shifter

Dec 24, 2005
Daytona
So ive decided since my car is just sitting in ,y garage id get off my arse and start a project. I will be deleting and hiding everything that i can. I will need some help here and there with wiring since that is not by best thing to do. once everything is hidden and the engine bay is as clean as possible i will then weld all holes, prime and paint the engine bay.

This thread will not happen overnight since i work 6 days a week with one day off and deal with cars everyday. coming home and doing anything car related is hard to get myself to do. I dont get to a computer very often so most pictures will be cell phone and some will be quality so bare with me..

Heres a couple before pics to go by:

DSCF1274.jpg

DSCF1268.jpg

i am currently running the OEM COP's because i thought the accels went bad. turned out to be the tune..ill be getting the steeda COP's shortly.. i also deleted the pcv valve tube from drivers side to CAI a while back...that by itself made a huge difference..

EGR and A/C delete...

2012-03-02_21-42-41_328.jpg

2012-03-02_21-42-53_428.jpg

2012-03-02_21-43-11_286.jpg

I am currently running and a/c delete pulley but will eventually remove the pulley and use a shorter belt. I couldnt find how to route it or what size belt was needed..

so far everything done has been done so that if i ever sell the car, the parts can be installed back to normal.

• Sponsors (?)

next i tucked all passenger side wires and whatever relay is bolted to the passenger side strut tower. moving these wires was easy as pie. i just disconnected all connection, pulled the wires in the fender and reconnected. all these wires are long enough to hide without cutting/splicing.. i had to get creative and run the wiring to the fan up the side of the radiator from underneath the fender well but again, the holes the little plastic things snapped into went right back into place.

this was before the a/c delete so pretend the lines arent there

2012-01-26_19-22-32_962-Copy.jpg

only wiring i didnt mess with was ABS but its almost hidden anyway

2012-01-26_19-22-42_443-Copy.jpg

not a very good picture but only MAF wiring and IAT sensor wiring is left in the engine bay
2012-01-29_17-49-52_7.jpg

next up, drivers side and battery relocation..

i will also post a better pic of what the passenger side looks like without the a/c lines when i get a chance

Starting on this hella mess...

Im on the fence on relocating the battery or makinf a carbon fiber box for a braille 17lb battery and keeping it in the engine bay since they are only 6.8" long and 3" wide..i figure itll be small enough to not be too cluttery looking in the engine bay....thoughts?

This is how it looks now
2012-02-17_20-18-18_237.jpg

Going to keep the power distribution block in the engine bay since but im gonna cut the inner fender and set the top of it flush to the fender well...like the pic below except the top of the box will be the only thing youll see

View attachment 70072

Looking good! Makes me want to clean up my engine bay. I miss my old Fox 5.0's. With just an aftermarket GT40, Trickflow or Cobra mannifold it made those engines look amazing! 2v's are very boring and need a ton of work to make em look pretty especially without a blower lol.

Thanks...i used to live on a chitty dirt road and i could never keep it clean but when i moved and did the new build i made myself keep up with it...i know it wasnt exacly horrible looking but i think it could be way better...plus the shield to my cai scratched the hell out of the fender eell and i hate it

Out of curiosity... Do you or others still have the heat shield under the good still there? Mines dirty as hell and I can't get it as clean as I want