Nitrous bottle mounting question. Pics anyone?

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Not really stumped on this, but I do have a question.

When you guys mount your bottles, I assume you do so on the right side of the trunk since the spare well is somewhat offset to the left?

What about mounting the bottle sideways almost flush to the rear seat in the trunk (valve facing the drivers side)? This way I can reach the bottle from my seat, as well as read the psi gauge. This also allows me to run the nitrous line down the drivers side (not that it matters) through the hole in the trunk.

In the instructions that came with the kit, it states to mount the bottle forward, and not sideways, so the pickup tube is having the nitrous fed to the back of the bottle naturally.

Does anyone have theirs mounted sideways, and if so, any ill consequences?

Also, if it needs to be mounted straight, that isn't a problem. However, it seems that the two rear holes that will need to be drilled for the bottle brackets are going to be over the gas tank? Not worried about drilling into the tank, but rather being able to access those bolts for installation and removal. Any tips?

• Sponsors (?)

I have my bottle mounted exactly as you described. Right behind the seat and within arms reach.

Technically it would be better if you can mount it with the valve toward the front of the car, but your instructions should show you how to actually angle the bottle so the pickup is towards the rear of the bottle. When the bottle gets close to half full/empty you run the risk of getting gaseous nitrous instead of liquid nitrous into your line. Liquid nitrous will give you a bigger "hit".

Awesome man. That is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I had thought about angling it slightly as well. I'm sure that would help feed it to the pickup tube and still keep it at a reasonable distance and allow me to bypass the fuel tank issue.

I'm getting really excited... haha.

Edit: You are exactly right about the instructions.