No air from vents help please!

Jamessandlin

Aug 17, 2020
Kentucky
No air at all cold or hot is coming out of the vents, check the climate controls and nothings burnt or damaged, checked all fuses under Hood and under dash ( 09 v6 ), the clutch is not kicking on under the hood, no lights on the controls, checked the other part under the dash ( that has 2 screws and is a square ) and it looked brand new, any suggestions??

• Sponsors (?)

Can you get to the motor to see if it is getting power? Unplugging it and running a jumper to the positive terminal to test the fan motor are other generic and easy tests I can think of.
It sounds like you need a diagnosis procedure for the controls in the 09, or at least a wiring diagram to figure out where the power is supposed to be but is not going.

Nothing aftermarket, check every single fuse under dash and hood related, also checked the resistor with 2 screws under dash, the ac clutch isn’t kicking in at all doesn’t spin once

If your fuses are good (with a tester, not just visual), relays good, resisistor good...but nothing works, including the lights in the dash controls, it leads me to suspect the wiring harness behind the panel has come unplugged---that is where I'd look next. I do not have this model Mustang, but have read there is a panel on the driver's side of the lower dash/console area you might remove to get a look in there. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas.

There are several threads on this problem available if you search it...one of them may have something we haven't thought of.

You may have lost your vacuum controls - check vacuum lines

Attachments

• A-C Controls pic.gif
    A-C Controls pic.gif
    29.8 KB · Views: 90
  • ac-heat vacuum control daigram.GIF
    ac-heat vacuum control daigram.GIF
    17.8 KB · Views: 83