No pressure in my clutch pedal?

1qckFOX

Jan 1, 2004
Ok guys here's my problem.

I just recently dropped my transmission to put in my new clutch. Bolted everything back up but there's no pressure in my clutch pedal. I know it has something to do with my clutch cable but i'm not sure. I can like tap my finger on the clutch pedal and it wil go all the way back. There is a lot of slack towards the firewall on the calbe, maybe that has something to do with it? It's real tense farther down though. Any help would me appreciated, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

my guess would be when you disconnected it from the clutch fork, and released the pressure of the clutch cable, it probably slipped off the quadrant, so your pedal isn't connected to the cable anymore. look under with a flashlight to see if thats the problem... if not, double check that its connected to the clutch fork. finally, the cable itself could be broken, but thats unlikely if it was working before..

5 Liter Mustang said:
my guess would be when you disconnected it from the clutch fork, and released the pressure of the clutch cable, it probably slipped off the quadrant, so your pedal isn't connected to the cable anymore. look under with a flashlight to see if thats the problem... if not, double check that its connected to the clutch fork. finally, the cable itself could be broken, but thats unlikely if it was working before..
Thanks man, I think it's not connected because that is what i feels like. Can you tell me how to connect it?

It's not broked because it was working before and i put the fork in. I know nothing about this quadrant though besides it being above the gas pedal. How can i tell if it's not connected and how do i connect it if it isn't?

the end of the cable has a little piece of metal on it, and the cable must run along the rounded edge of the quadrant and through a hook kinda, anyways it doesnt bolt down or anything, just holds itself there by the tension in the cable. You need to unbolt the other end of the cable from the clutch fork to do that, and pull on the cable after you attach it at the quadrant so it doesnt slip off before you tighten the other end to the fork. Its not a hard job but it is annoying