No start. No crank

• Sponsors (?)

I was told alternator as the voltage gauge was erratic. Changed that. But found where the positive battery cable and alternator cable connect to fuse box was melted. Changed that out--rewired and all. Would not crank over. Just a click--like a bad connection. Suspected the starter. Tested.. And changed out. All lights work. Bells sound. Still no crank. I've now been without my car since April. Any help is very appreciated.

Just to make clear, the engine did turn over prior to replacing the alternator? When replacing the + cable and other wiring, did you forget to check all ground straps? When you tested and changed out the starter, was it bad too? AT or manual?

Just to make clear, the engine did turn over prior to replacing the alternator? When replacing the + cable and other wiring, did you forget to check all ground straps? When you tested and changed out the starter, was it bad too? AT or manual?
The car has sat since late March early April 2021. We've been working on it now since June I believe. All grounds were/are connected. Starter was bad. Replaced. AT transmission. We've now basically done the maintenance--finally replaced head gaskets, changed oil, replaced battery, replaced alt & starter. Everything is back together now. Go to jump it and jumper cables smoked. Happened with 2 pair - just after being hooked up-not even trying to turn ignition yet.

We had found the engine was half seized as I had let someone else drive it that didn't care. Tore her down and got her rotating again slowly by hand. Went clear down to Pistons. Everything was so greasy/oily. Cleaned it up. Changed oil and filter. Replaced all mentioned above. Question is the jumper cables smoking when hooked up but not turning ignition on--is this grounding issue? Not sure but I feel we have the replacement starter wired up wrong. Anyone have a visual for 2000 3.8 V6 replacement starter wired?

We had found the engine was half seized as I had let someone else drive it that didn't care. Tore her down and got her rotating again slowly by hand. Went clear down to Pistons. Everything was so greasy/oily. Cleaned it up. Changed oil and filter. Replaced all mentioned above. Question is the jumper cables smoking when hooked up but not turning ignition on--is this grounding issue? Not sure but I feel we have the replacement starter wired up wrong. Anyone have a visual for 2000 3.8 V6 replacement starter wired?
Ok. Got starter wired correctly. Now it cranks -trying to start anyway. (THE ONLY code I'm getting is P0193 fuel rail pressure sensor A circuit high.) Thought maybe not getting fuel as we still were up on blocks- a bit higher in the front than the back-but lowered her back to the ground completely -gas definitely getting to the engine. It seems all is hooked up. But when turning over it sounds like a boat motor going into the water- you know.. That blub blub blub sound. I'm thinking firing sequence?

I have coil pack and plug wires. I've done more research because I thought maybe timing was off but it's not adjustable. I also have an issue with the battery not staying charged. It is a brand new battery. I read somewhere on here others having the same issue before. Coil pack brand new also. I've checked-engine is getting fuel. Any suggestions?
I would check that first. It has coil on plug or plug wires? I'm not too familiar with the V6's

The fuel pressure regulator sensor on the rail? That was the code I was getting. I've been at a stand still for a minute. The guys said they can barely hear it-- with his ear to the tank. I can't hear it no. Also we had shut the inertia off but even I go to turn it back on its already engaged and it won't depress- it won't move at all. I already have the new fuel pump- that was my last step or so I thought. First things first tho...I believe I have a ground not connected. Guy fried 2 sets of cables trying to jump it and when I put my booster box (fully charged) on it won't come on at all - like it's completely dead but I made sure it was charged as I took it outside. Early this morning I'm going out to check all wiring again.

I have realized we didn't have an issue using cables or my jump box prior to changing starter. I believe he has the starter wired wrong.. Like no ground to frame. This guy that I had helping me REALLY messed things up worse. It's going to be awhile before I have her up and running again. I will be doing the work myself this time. Dude broke off at least 4 bolts in my engine..I could go on and on about the things I've found since he took off but I'm not. I'm going to stay humble and someone I know personally that rebuilt an old school Camero engine back in the day is has come to my rescue.