Noise coming from my transmission....

Will3212

May 7, 2011
I have a 2012 mustang gt stick with 3.31 gears stock with just a window tint. There seems to be a whine noise coming from the stick shift knob. The sound is more noticeable when I'm in 4th gear going 10mph and trying to accelerate. I know you're not suppose to be in 4th gear going 10mph but what is this noise and is it normal? It's not loud at all, on a scale of 1-10 I'd say it's a 3, 10 being loudest. I have noticed this whine noise since I bought the car. Anyone know what it is and if it's normal or not?

• Sponsors (?)

OK, now you've officially crossed over into troll status on this board, imo. I had my suspicions, but admitting to driving 10mph in 4th gear...wtf? I did some research and found you posting the exact same posts on other mustang boards. No way you are for real with all this crap.

OK, now you've officially crossed over into troll status on this board, imo. I had my suspicions, but admitting to driving 10mph in 4th gear...wtf? I did some research and found you posting the exact same posts on other mustang boards. No way you are for real with all this crap.

posting what? i had a bad squeaking control arm which the dealer just replaced 2 days ago, and then a scratching sound coming from the driver side window that the dealer didn't fix. what the hell is a troll status? you want to see a picture of my registration and a picture of my mustang? yeah I posted my problems on two other mustang boards what's your point? and yes I'm in 4th gear sometimes at 10mph because of the skip shift. This is my first stick shift car and I was just wondering if the noise I'm hearing is normal or not.

Check out your thread on how you wanted to drive your mustang hard all the time, like "taking it to redline and slamming through the gears." Think that might have something to do with it? I have 50k+ miles on my 06 and the inside is just as quite as it was new. The Mustang is a great car, but you posted that you didn't know how to drive a stick and then came back a week later wanting to race the damn thing. If you don't know what you're doing and just driving it like an a**hole, it's GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS. It's a well engineered car, but you can't expect it to take a ton of abuse from a n00b and not have any problems at all.

End rant on your posts.

Check out your thread on how you wanted to drive your mustang hard all the time, like "taking it to redline and slamming through the gears." Think that might have something to do with it? I have 50k+ miles on my 06 and the inside is just as quite as it was new. The Mustang is a great car, but you posted that you didn't know how to drive a stick and then came back a week later wanting to race the damn thing. If you don't know what you're doing and just driving it like an a**hole, it's GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS. It's a well engineered car, but you can't expect it to take a ton of abuse from a n00b and not have any problems at all.

End rant on your posts.

so you know exactly how i drive right tough guy? quit assuming...yeah i made a post "who drives their mustang hard", I was wondering how many miles the engine needs to get past the break in period so that I can take it above 3k rpm. The Mustang is my first stick shift car yeah but I learned to drive it in 2 hours. I don't understand what your problem is

Un plug skip shift as recommended elsewhere.....eliminates low speed 4th, noise gone. I would not worry.

thanks for the quick reply, so.. the noise coming from the shifter knob is normal then right? the noise is noticeable mostly when I'm in 1st just taking off slowly with little gas, and when I'm in 4th at around 15mph and I accelerate

thanks for the quick reply, so.. the noise coming from the shifter knob is normal then right? the noise is noticeable mostly when I'm in 1st just taking off slowly with little gas, and when I'm in 4th at around 15mph and I accelerate

yes,

it is normal for the shifter and the motor to make noise in 4th gear at 10 to 15mph.

you are lugging the motor, the sound it makes is you are an idiot..

read the fing owners manual. or troll the sti forums.

really 10mph in 4th? skip shift wont even put you there.. why not just start in 5th?

beers

yes,

it is normal for the shifter and the motor to make noise in 4th gear at 10 to 15mph.

you are lugging the motor, the sound it makes is you are an idiot..

read the fing owners manual. or troll the sti forums.

really 10mph in 4th? skip shift wont even put you there.. why not just start in 5th?

beers
skip shift won't put you there....? right sure it won't