noisey vented slotted rotors

peter s.

Feb 28, 2020
new york
on my 99 GT I had a set if power stop brakes and slotted and vented rotors installed about 500 miles ago. when driving at a good rate of speed it sounds like its a bicycle with baseball cards in the spokes. weird right? anyone have issues with these type of rotors? driving me crazy. no stopping issues. recently I did the calipers too.

• Sponsors(?)

Mustang5L5

Put lubricant all over the balls
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Common complaint, but doesn’t happen all the time. Don’t think much can be done about it.

I have drilled/slotted rotors from r1 concepts and if I drive next to a wall I can hear the noise very faintly as well. I need to listen for it. My cars too loud to hear it any other time.

You just want to make sure the noise isn’t cAused by a mechanical issue such as a pad clip contacting the rotor or another issue

01GTphoenix

Jan 23, 2020
Springfield, PA
on my 99 GT I had a set if power stop brakes and slotted and vented rotors installed about 500 miles ago. when driving at a good rate of speed it sounds like its a bicycle with baseball cards in the spokes. weird right? anyone have issues with these type of rotors? driving me crazy. no stopping issues. recently I did the calipers too.

I had StopTech slotted rotors on a different car years ago, made the same noise. I thought it was a defect or issue with the install, had them checked for issues but it was just the noise they made.