NOS with throttle body??

SaleenS281GT

Feb 20, 2012
What type of throttle body it best to use with a NX setup. Im driving a everyday use 2000 mustang gt 75000 miles with 10lb bottle and 75 shot of nitrous. Im looking at the bbk 78 mm but dont know whats better for the nos. Im looking to spend under 300 for a little more power so i decided with a TB but if there are any other suggestions please let me know! I want the best bang for the buck!!

• Sponsors (?)

The TB is really a preference thing. I perfer the Accufab because the quality is second to none. BBK is hit or miss. Professional Products is usually miss....but it can easily be corrected if you are mechanically inclined. The TB is not going to be a huge hp increase, maybe a couple, but nothing huge. The biggest thing I noticed from the larger TB was better response.

Ok. So what would be the best performance upgrade to go with then? When i bought the car it came with cold air intake, nos, suspension, new gears but i couldnt say what kind of gears... The person who had it before me must have been on a good start with performance but now what should i do to a next step of perfromance? I only have 300 to work with here so just a little hp increase would help alot with 300 dollars just trying to get good use out of the $300. Cams is my next step but i dont have the budget yet...

First don't call it Nos! I would have to say a mid pipe would be your best bet. X or H your choice. Tires would def help with traction. Is your car an auto or 5 spd? If its and auto an SCT tuner is a must. Do you have a bottle warmer and window switch?

I have a NX bottle warmer, MSD window switch, and yes a i have a X pipe. but far as i know i dont know if it had or has a SCT tuner. What is it and what mods does it do to my mustang? i got the car from a dealer who has no clue whats been done to it so where could i look to see if it had a SCT?

Has the car been tuned yet? That's a key question to find out.

And you need a nitrous specific tune if it has not been tuned yet. You'd NOT be happy with putting a regular "performance tune" with a car on spray... bad things would happen.

A nitrous tune is going to give you more fuel and less timing, just to be basic about it. A performance tune will generally give you less fuel and more timing; the complete opposite and a quick way to pop your engine.