notchback rear window molding

bbeck

Dec 11, 2006
Michigan
I've searched all over the place and haven't had any luck yet and do not have much experience with fox bodies. I have a 79 notch that has the chrome or stainless rear window trim and would like to go to a rubber seal if they have them in newer models as I'm looking to black the car out. Does this exist or do I need to scuff and shoot the original pieces?
car:
69117_527090350089_53800665_31081857_1957373_n.jpg

photoshopped car:
n53800665_30402939_6139.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I was actually wondering the exact same thing. I'm going for the same exact thing as you with the black as well.

A buddy of mine scuffed his and painted them all and they turned out great, I'm planning on going that route.

You going flat black? If it turns out like the photoshop, that's be pure sex.

also, do they sell bumpers for this body style without the side molding molded into it? I would like to look at a different front bumper for it.

no they do not sell bumpers w/o the molding built in the GT's come the same way just different style. some have tried to fill them w/o much success. They don't sell rubber trim for around the windows like newer cars. scuff them real good and try and adhesive promoter to help the paint stick to the trim. they are easy enough to touch up if needed.