• Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech

Now I know why the V8 clutch is Mustang II-specific.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vince
  • Start date Start date Nov 4, 2005

Vince

Vince the Fabricator
Founding Member
Feb 22, 2000
623
0
16
Vancouver, Canada
Nov 4, 2005
#1
  • Nov 4, 2005
  • #1
I started a thread a few weeks back about my T5 conversion. It's still in process and has once again been delayed. The clutch kit I'm using is RAM 98501 which fits 76-79 V8 Mustangs. Unfortunately the clutch kit was packaged with the wrong pressure plate. I was sent the pressure plate from an 82-85(?) 5.0 Mustang. Same diameter (10"), same bolt spacing......but different dowel pins locations. I was going to have my mechanic just install the pressure plate without the dowels, but then after some research I discovered this is a bad idea. The dowels center the pressure plate accurately, and without them I could end up with a bad vibration. So now I will have to wait another week for the right pressure plate.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
349
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
For Sale Borg Warner WC T5, Stock Bell Housing, RAM Clutch Set, Double Hump Cross Member, & Pro 5.0 Shifter
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 9, 2025
  • Drivetrain Parts
Replies
3
Views
841
Drivetrain Parts Sep 7, 2026
AeroCoupe
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
439
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
Progress Thread "Alter Ego" White 1993 LX 5.0 5spd
  • idareu
  • Sep 9, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
42
Views
3K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 19, 2025
idareu
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?