NPD experiences

• Sponsors (?)

I get most of my stuff from NPD and I am VERY happy with their products and service. They've only messed up one order (sent me a tail light housing instead of the wiring that attaches to the back) $20 goof that they fixed without charging me, sent the right part right away, and told me not to worry about the wrong part they sent, just to keep it. I plan on trading it for something at the local place. :nice:

I got a wrong part from them once, the part was mis-labeled. I was replacing the whole suspension that saturday, and the fed-Ex'd the part to my shop, Saturday delivery. You really can't do any better than that.

I have found in the past that their wheels cost a little more than other Mustang houses or Summit. Maybe that has changed.

Yeah, they have been doing pretty good in the last years. For a while around 1992 I could not get decent service from the florida store no matter what I did. But that has not been a problem since then. They actually gave me a full credit on a 2 year old fan blade that came apart and sent me a new one for free on top of that.

I hope they have better service than what I got back in 2000 when I last used them. From what others have said it sound like they have. Maybe I'll get off my high-horse and give them a try again. Na I'll just stick with Dallas Mustang Parts.

jikelly said:
I hope they have better service than what I got back in 2000 when I last used them. From what others have said it sound like they have. Maybe I'll get off my high-horse and give them a try again. Na I'll just stick with Dallas Mustang Parts.

Dallas Mustang--I used them once and the door panels/trim they sent me were pure garbage. Sent it back and I won't use them again. Virginia Mustang, NPD and a few others get my business. VA Mustang gets a lion's share. I just wish they'd add a 1 800 number.

--P

roy21 said:
Hi. I am getting ready to order the wife a set of styled wheels for her 66. NPD lists the set for ~100 less than Mustangs Unlimited. Also free shipping! Have any of you guys bought anything here?
Keith

I've bought quite a few things from NPD, and for the most part their selection, quality, and customer service(with the exception of one condescending ass) is great.

As good of a deal as you think you're getting on the steel wheels from NPD, knowing NPD I'd bet $ that you can find them even cheaper elsewhere. And be VERY sure that they'll give you free shipping...It seems that a lot of things aren't eligible for their "Free Shipping" offer.

FYI: When I bought my TTIIs, I requested quotes from several sources, local and national, and I found that my best prices were to be found locally....when I called back NPD to see if they would price match or even give me a discount on the wheels because I'd purchased quite a few things from them previously, the sales rep (see above-mentioned condescending ass) actually laughed, and he wouldn't discount the wheels a cent. FWIW: their TTIIs sell for 310 each; I got mine locally for 208 each...NPD said there would be a few weeks' wait on the wheels; my local source got them to me in three (maybe four) days.

So, despite my gripes, which are really just one incident (the guy probably didn't want to cut into his commission), I'll say that NPD is a reputable company and you can't really go wrong with them...just watch the details and take the time to look for lower prices elsewhere. Good luck.

rbohm said:
i have always had good service from NPD. they are a great place to do business with.
I like that Panther you have in your avatar. It is from the Cavanaugh Museum in Dallas TX, I was there just last weekend for a convention. I also have a high res pic of it in the hangar with it's wings folded if you are interested.