• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

O/D on or off when racing

  • Thread starter Thread starter whyask
  • Start date Start date Nov 10, 2007

whyask

New Member
Apr 4, 2005
735
1
0
Sacramento
Nov 10, 2007
#1
  • Nov 10, 2007
  • #1
Finally had a chance to open her up this morning after leaving work, but I realized I had Over Drive on while playing with a 350z (smoked him by the way) Ive never owned an auto in my life... so when is the best time to use your Over drive and when is it good not too ? Thanks

-Justin
 
F

FFR snakeman

New Member
Jul 1, 2002
70
0
0
virginia
Nov 10, 2007
#2
  • Nov 10, 2007
  • #2
on or off won't make much difference it only comes on when you reach cruising speed
 

Five Oh Brian

Member
Jun 13, 2007
552
1
16
Pacific Northwest
Nov 10, 2007
#3
  • Nov 10, 2007
  • #3
I have 4.10 gears, so I run through most of 4th at the dragstrip and do NOT want to bog down into overdrive at all so I turn off overdrive (and traction control) when racing.
 

Maza4ever14

New Member
Apr 27, 2005
187
0
0
Bay Area, CA
Nov 10, 2007
#4
  • Nov 10, 2007
  • #4
Five Oh Brian said:
I have 4.10 gears, so I run through most of 4th at the dragstrip and do NOT want to bog down into overdrive at all so I turn off overdrive (and traction control) when racing.
Click to expand...

what he said
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Nov 12, 2007
#5
  • Nov 12, 2007
  • #5
Off when at the track. On the street, I have it off up until I'm going to be cruising at or above 55 MPH for a length of time.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
236
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Saturday at 5:19 PM
manicmechanic007
Hard to start when engine is cold
  • 86_Capri
  • Mar 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
32
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 21, 2026
CAMTWO1070
O
My rebirth, Hi from PA
  • onemore1987
  • Jun 28, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
184
The Welcome Wagon Jun 29, 2026
onemore1987
O
Z
Progress Thread zeth194 - New Guy on the Block
  • zeth194
  • Mar 19, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
685
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 26, 2026
LILCBRA
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
433
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?