OEM 7.5" Auburn differentials?

CoryM

Dec 24, 2006
Hey guys,

A little off topic as this is actually in a little hotrod, but hopefully the post will prove useful for someone else as well.

I have a 7.5" rear end from a 1982 mustang (apparantly). Thing is, it has an OEM Auburn limited slip differential (cone type clutches). It seems like this is a rare thing as none of the guys I talk to know much about it. The diff says Ford on it so it must be OEM.
The problem I have is I don't have C-clips for it and they are no longer available.
They are thicker and smaller than the normal 7.5" C-clips.

So, what's the deal with these? What years/cars did they come in?

If anyone has C-clips they want to sell I will gladly buy them. Its to the point that I will be looking into replacing it with another type of limited slip.

Thanks for any help.
Cory

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. I tried them with no luck. Then contacted Auburn who gave me the part # and suggested Randys. Tried Randys again. Still no luck. So contact the nice lady at Auburn again and they will sell them to me direct. Thank *bleep* for that.

Still be interested to hear to story of what cars got the Auburn diffs though. I heard a rumour it was an option for the 4/6cyl cars.
Cheers.