• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

"Office" Pool

  • Thread starter Thread starter Strype
  • Start date Start date Feb 15, 2008
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last

Strype

Cuthbert catcher
Founding Member
May 11, 1999
61
34
104
Huntsvegas, AL
Feb 15, 2008
#1
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #1
Well a "5.0 Talk" Pool.


So I put my 2001 GT up for sale over a week ago. Still had no calls. I'm hurting for moneys, I need to sell it so I'm gonna put it at a park-in-sell. This means I will be driving the 93 Notch everyday until the car sells and I get another car. Last time I drove a 5.0 everyday something expensive always broke at least biweekly.

Here's the pool.



What will break on the 93 notch before I get another car?



Winner gets bragging rights and a $100,000 in monopoly money.


Thnx 4 playing. kthnx
 

Flavadave4

Active Member
Nov 28, 2003
1,044
21
49
Utica, NY
Feb 15, 2008
#2
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #2
Clutch Cable
 

Strype

Cuthbert catcher
Founding Member
May 11, 1999
61
34
104
Huntsvegas, AL
Feb 15, 2008
#3
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #3
Oooooooh quite the possibility. I think it's a 93 original
 

87ttopstang

Member
Apr 14, 2003
342
0
17
Ontario, Canada
Feb 15, 2008
#4
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #4
I say waterpump if it has not been replaced.
 

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
3,501
28
119
Motor City
Feb 15, 2008
#5
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #5
Well you are in a warmer climate than me, so battery/starter is out.

I vote for the alternator going bad.
 

85ragtop

BTW, I like dudes.
10 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
823
475
123
NC
Feb 15, 2008
#6
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #6
87ttopstang said:
I say waterpump if it has not been replaced.
Click to expand...

You have no idea.
 

Strype

Cuthbert catcher
Founding Member
May 11, 1999
61
34
104
Huntsvegas, AL
Feb 15, 2008
#7
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #7




Hey I did buy one but I never put it on!
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,340
18,069
224
Massachusetts
Feb 15, 2008
#8
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #8
It's tough selling a new edge these days. My GT's been for sale since Dec...and all i get are lowball offers over the phone
 

kck6894

Advanced Member
Mar 18, 2004
0
0
66
Paradise
Feb 15, 2008
#9
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #9
I think the miss myspace usa is going to fly off the roof and break.
 

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
0
1
38
columbus ohio
Feb 15, 2008
#10
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #10
my bet....speedo cable...had to replace mine 3 weeks ago.
 

Strype

Cuthbert catcher
Founding Member
May 11, 1999
61
34
104
Huntsvegas, AL
Feb 15, 2008
#11
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #11
Mustang5L5 said:
It's tough selling a new edge these days. My GT's been for sale since Dec...and all i get are lowball offers over the phone
Click to expand...

Dammit that's what I'm afraid of. Plus mine is an automatic

kck6894 said:
I think the miss myspace usa is going to fly off the roof and break.
Click to expand...



ryan218 said:
my bet....speedo cable...had to replace mine 3 weeks ago.
Click to expand...

Really? Those things usually don't start squeeling til 150k
 

fiveohlxhatch

New Member
Sep 18, 2007
27
0
0
Feb 15, 2008
#12
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #12
Fuel pump?
 

90topdown

Member
Feb 16, 2006
138
1
16
Philadelphia, PA
Feb 15, 2008
#13
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #13
radiator hose
 

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
0
1
38
columbus ohio
Feb 15, 2008
#14
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #14
Strype said:
Dammit that's what I'm afraid of. Plus mine is an automatic







Really? Those things usually don't start squeeling til 150k
Click to expand...


my car sat for 12 years without being moved or started...thats why.
 

Strype

Cuthbert catcher
Founding Member
May 11, 1999
61
34
104
Huntsvegas, AL
Feb 15, 2008
#15
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #15
avatar ^
 

fiveohlxhatch

New Member
Sep 18, 2007
27
0
0
Feb 15, 2008
#16
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #16
Maybe you'll break the curse and NOTHING will break.
 

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
0
1
38
columbus ohio
Feb 15, 2008
#17
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #17
fiveohlxhatch said:
Fuel pump?
Click to expand...

AINT THE THE FOCKING TRUTH...IM ON MY 3RD ONE!!!!! bet this one will die within the next month too...knock on wood!
 

mustangjoe87

Member
Jul 23, 2004
364
0
16
Harrison Twp., Michigan
Feb 15, 2008
#18
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #18
Im gonna guess transmission
 

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Feb 15, 2008
#19
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #19
your low on moneys so I am thinking your bank account will crack first. time to put the wifey to work.
 
S

svtpower

New Member
Apr 30, 2005
257
0
0
Wisconsin
Feb 15, 2008
#20
  • Feb 15, 2008
  • #20
break

I say clutch quadrant if it's the plastic stocker.

If you've already replaced that, then I vote TFI.
 
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
217
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
Ball Joints Question
  • 93gtmustang
  • Aug 28, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
531
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 13, 2025
AeroCoupe
B
SOLD 1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 5-speed
  • blackmerc
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
16
Views
845
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Aug 24, 2026
General karthief
Progress Thread Progress Thread- From6to8's 95 GT/Saleen Supercharged 331 install
  • from6to8
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 28, 2026
from6to8
Progress Thread 93 LX father son project
  • ZAM93LX
  • Oct 26, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Dec 3, 2025
Scrapla347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?