Official What You Got For Christmas Thread!!

• Welder (sweet, finally!)
  • Shop Vac (how did I get by without one?)
  • Camera bag (awsome backpack style to hold both cameras and my myriad of lenses)
  • Airhogs Havoc Heli (super fun inside)
  • Swiss Army knife (to replace the one that was confiscated from me in the Vegas airport)
  • Sonic Toothbrush
  • Family Guy season 3
  • Standard Socks/Shirts

• Sponsors (?)

• Airhogs Havoc Heli (super fun inside)

SWEET! I have one too and its a blast. My daughter and my dog try to chase it around the living room, and I do fly-bys past my wife's head and drive her crazy while she's watching TV. I'm a big kid, what can I say! I've even put thumb tacks in the nose of it to make it fly faster in a straight line as it keeps the nose down... I can't leave anything alone. LOL!

cool gifts, guys. i got some cash + gift cards, Mario Galaxy for wii, clothes and a tactical ninja sword set from my fiance, and a few other things i can't remember. this was our first christmas as fiance's, so that was pretty nice--got our first tree, bought our first set of ornaments, and all that good stuff.

happy new year, everyone!

cool gifts, guys. i got some cash + gift cards, Mario Galaxy for wii, clothes and a tactical ninja sword set from my fiance, and a few other things i can't remember. this was our first christmas as fiance's, so that was pretty nice--got our first tree, bought our first set of ornaments, and all that good stuff.

happy new year, everyone!

I guess I haven't been hanging around stangnet as much as I use to. I didn't know you were engaged. Congrats! Hope she a hottie, lol

View attachment 339785
Front
View attachment 339787
Back

I think I have you all beat on "money spent". (Unless someone got a new GT500 or Saleen S427 Mustang. ;) ) I bought it from my aunt and uncle. I told them that we have already exchanged enough "gifts", this year. I got them a big ole check and they got me a house. :eek: :rlaugh:

It's actually my second house. It'll be my first rental. I already have a tenant and nothing needs to be done to get it ready to rent. ;) (Although, I'll be painting it and removing/rebuilding that God-awful looking back porch. As well as, adding privacy fence all around the back yard.)

In addition to that, I spent the entire week with my kids (shared parenting SUCKS!!!! Every other Christmas with their mom. :nonono: ), a Magellan Maestro 3100 GPS, some dvd's, a gas card, clothes, a new coffee maker, etc.

In all, it was a VERY good holiday for me! Merry Christmas, everyone!

my wife bought me this really nice leather jacket that i wanted, but it didn't fit . lol
so i told her to return it, and buy me weld wheels instead.
i bought myself a new paintball gun and some new gear.

Paul i know the feeling i've had my HP turbo kit sitting since dec 19 2004. it's sad, i know the exact day i recived it. :nonono:

I think I have you all beat on "money spent". (Unless someone got a new GT500 or Saleen S427 Mustang. ;) ) I bought it from my aunt and uncle. I told them that we have already exchanged enough "gifts", this year. I got them a big ole check and they got me a house. :eek: :rlaugh:

It's actually my second house. It'll be my first rental. I already have a tenant and nothing needs to be done to get it ready to rent. ;) (Although, I'll be painting it and removing/rebuilding that God-awful looking back porch. As well as, adding privacy fence all around the back yard.)

In addition to that, I spent the entire week with my kids (shared parenting SUCKS!!!! Every other Christmas with their mom. :nonono: ), a Magellan Maestro 3100 GPS, some dvd's, a gas card, clothes, a new coffee maker, etc.

In all, it was a VERY good holiday for me! Merry Christmas, everyone!

man just the looks of that house from the exterior it has ALOT of potential... i think the privacy fence and def a new back porch will help it out tons... good find on that... what are the plans for ur aunt and uncle, they going to find a bigger place finally?

Nah its Nacho :rlaugh:

LOL! wait til paul gets here, were in trouble! hahaha :rlaugh:

man just the looks of that house from the exterior it has ALOT of potential... i think the privacy fence and def a new back porch will help it out tons... good find on that... what are the plans for ur aunt and uncle, they going to find a bigger place finally?

Thanks for the kudos! Actually, my uncle's 88 year old mother was living there alone, until about a year ago. They moved her to an assisted living facility, so they didn't need it, anymore. The roof, water heater, furnace/central air, plumbing and wiring are all brand-new. It's concrete block, so there is no chance for "rot" or bugs. There is a nice little one car garage that the tenant doesn't want to include in the rent. (I wonder what I'll do with it. :D ) For $55k, I think I did pretty good. :nice:

stprorolla49--I forgot to say "nice Strat"! :nice: I went last year and bought a Mexican Strat because I knew I would swap out all of the electronics and have a luthier go over it, anyway. It is the natural clear coated finish (I love ash!) and, unlike you, I'll be sanding the clear coat off of it and doing a white stain, followed by preserative oil to keep the wood from drying out. Then, I plan to add an EMG loaded pickguard. (I'm kicking myself, I missed an auction for a pre-wired H-S-S EMG "active" pickguard on Ebay. It sold for $77.00! I was "watching" it, I just got back to it too late.) I play through a Line 6, just like yours. Just a couple of years older. I want more of a metal tone. I'm hoping the EMG's do that. These stock Fender singles don't hit the "pre-amp" hard enough for me. :D I've considered a pedal, but I can't find one I like.

Thanks for the kudos! Actually, my uncle's 88 year old mother was living there alone, until about a year ago. They moved her to an assisted living facility, so they didn't need it, anymore. The roof, water heater, furnace/central air, plumbing and wiring are all brand-new. It's concrete block, so there is no chance for "rot" or bugs. There is a nice little one car garage that the tenant doesn't want to include in the rent. (I wonder what I'll do with it. :D ) For $55k, I think I did pretty good. :nice:

stprorolla49--I forgot to say "nice Strat"! :nice: I went last year and bought a Mexican Strat because I knew I would swap out all of the electronics and have a luthier go over it, anyway. It is the natural clear coated finish (I love ash!) and, unlike you, I'll be sanding the clear coat off of it and doing a white stain, followed by preserative oil to keep the wood from drying out. Then, I plan to add an EMG loaded pickguard. (I'm kicking myself, I missed an auction for a pre-wired H-S-S EMG "active" pickguard on Ebay. It sold for $77.00! I was "watching" it, I just got back to it too late.) I play through a Line 6, just like yours. Just a couple of years older. I want more of a metal tone. I'm hoping the EMG's do that. These stock Fender singles don't hit the "pre-amp" hard enough for me. :D I've considered a pedal, but I can't find one I like.

That sounds like quite a project as well! If you want a nice metal sound then an H-S-S setup with active EMG's is definately the way to go in a strat. Hot Rails are also another good alternative for a hotter single coil pickup. I use my Schecter when I want to use a good bit of distortion, and I use my strat when I want nice clean sounds or even a little overdrive. I tell ya, I'm not sure which Line 6 you have but the Spider II that I have has awesome distortion, and really nice effects. The only pedals I really use are my wah and my DigiDelay. I've got a Digitech RP50 multieffects processor to, but ever since I got the amp, I rarely use it.

That sounds like quite a project as well! If you want a nice metal sound then an H-S-S setup with active EMG's is definately the way to go in a strat. Hot Rails are also another good alternative for a hotter single coil pickup. I use my Schecter when I want to use a good bit of distortion, and I use my strat when I want nice clean sounds or even a little overdrive. I tell ya, I'm not sure which Line 6 you have but the Spider II that I have has awesome distortion, and really nice effects. The only pedals I really use are my wah and my DigiDelay. I've got a Digitech RP50 multieffects processor to, but ever since I got the amp, I rarely use it.

It's funny, what you said about the Line 6 Distortion. (Mine is also a Spider. The one with the red face.) I went in, after posting, and played a little. I was actually really happy with the "Insane" setting. (Is there any other?) That could be why I haven't gotten a pedal. I can get a nice 80's Hair Metal tone, with my set-up. (Nice and raunchy.) I really want the tight Metal distortion, like Pantera or older Metallica. I liked Dime's "squeals".) My thinking was, if I decide to not go active, I'd get a Dimebucker for the bridge position. I have tried that one out at a store but, it's not really the same. I guess I can try it, and see how I like it. I can always re-sell it on Ebay, if I don't.

It's funny, what you said about the Line 6 Distortion. (Mine is also a Spider. The one with the red face.) I went in, after posting, and played a little. I was actually really happy with the "Insane" setting. (Is there any other?) That could be why I haven't gotten a pedal. I can get a nice 80's Hair Metal tone, with my set-up. (Nice and raunchy.) I really want the tight Metal distortion, like Pantera or older Metallica. I liked Dime's "squeals".) My thinking was, if I decide to not go active, I'd get a Dimebucker for the bridge position. I have tried that one out at a store but, it's not really the same. I guess I can try it, and see how I like it. I can always re-sell it on Ebay, if I don't.

If you want a tight metal sound, put it on the Metal channel (can't remember if its the green or red one, but its the one without the effects like delay and stuff), and scoop out most of the mids and fiddle with the EQ a bit. I get a REALLY nice Metallica / Megadeth / Pantera sound doing that. The thing that bothers me a bit about the Insane channel is the "insane" amount of feedback...I like a little bit, but thats overkill. I have the FBV4 floorboard, and I've made 4 presets (a clean, a slightly overdriven crisp sound, a nice distortion, and the 4th channel I switch around between a crunchy flange, or an AC/DC sorta crunch).

autumn- DAMN man, thats a nice rig you got there...If only I could afford a nice tube halfstack....

If you want a tight metal sound, put it on the Metal channel (can't remember if its the green or red one, but its the one without the effects like delay and stuff), and scoop out most of the mids and fiddle with the EQ a bit. I get a REALLY nice Metallica / Megadeth / Pantera sound doing that. The thing that bothers me a bit about the Insane channel is the "insane" amount of feedback...I like a little bit, but thats overkill. I have the FBV4 floorboard, and I've made 4 presets (a clean, a slightly overdriven crisp sound, a nice distortion, and the 4th channel I switch around between a crunchy flange, or an AC/DC sorta crunch).

autumn- DAMN man, thats a nice rig you got there...If only I could afford a nice tube halfstack....

thanks man. i've been playing for a decently long time, and before i got my stang, my instruments were my main thing i put my money towards.

the case my head and rack are in is a custom case by custompedalboards.com i think the site is, the guys name is mike, hes real nice. and theres a 2 space rack plate, that i custom painted my school. It was a quick thing, no wet sanding or anything. just sprayed.

000_1078.jpg

music is a huge part of me, probably equal with my car.

Mine is a Spider. Not Spider II. I don't have a Metal channel and no scoop feature. :(

I do have an old Dean Markley rack mount tube amp. It has been hot rodded and has Groove Tubes. I built a 1x12 cabinet and put a newer Celestion in it. It has a VERY AC/DC kind of "bark" to it. (Think "Money Talks". From "The Razors Edge".) I don't play it much. Damn! Now I have to go downstairs and hook-up. Thanks!

Mine is a Spider. Not Spider II. I don't have a Metal channel and no scoop feature. :(

I do have an old Dean Markley rack mount tube amp. It has been hot rodded and has Groove Tubes. I built a 1x12 cabinet and put a newer Celestion in it. It has a VERY AC/DC kind of "bark" to it. (Think "Money Talks". From "The Razors Edge".) I don't play it much. Damn! Now I have to go downstairs and hook-up. Thanks!

Hmm...I haven't played on a Spider I in about 3 years so I don't really remember the channels, so I'm not sure what the next lowest distortion channel is under the Insane channel. When I said scoop the mids, I just mean turn the Mid knob on the EQ to 1...thats called scooping the mids. I learned this in a How to Play Metallica Licks DVD my friend got. Playing Metallica is how I got good at guitar...I never took a lesson, I just play a lot, and always try more challenging licks than I know I can play so even though it'll take me a little while to learn it, I know I've really pushed myself. 6 years later, I'm finally in a band down at school, and I'm having a blast!

Heres somes pics of my setup in my basement at home, and my bro spankin on the bass, and a pic of my setup last year at school...

View attachment 339643

DSCN1878.jpg

To keep this thread somewhat on track still haha, we just got (2) 10" Kustom monitors to hook up to my dad's old stereo so we can jam with music now, and be able to hear it. I've been plugging my iPod into my old practice amp, and it just doesn't cut it.