The OFFICIAL What did you get for Christmas thread

It seems like I always make this thread every year. I guess I just like to know how everyone made out every year. This year I was very lucky as my parents bought me a new computer...27" quad core iMac! I got some other assorted small goodies and some clothes, and from my girlfriend I got a set of Infinity Reference 6.5" component speakers, a framed poster she made of pics of my old '95 and the Bullitt, and a J. Crew magic wallet. The best present of all was to be home from school, see my family, and eat great food.

Hope everyone had a happy and healthy Christmas!

_MG_4494.jpg

_MG_4495.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Damn u made out good...

My g/f and her parents bought me turtle beach x31's im addicted to my xbox....

some clothes...

parents and grandparents gave me cash...

i bought 2 pairs of shoes today :shrug:

Best present for me was seeing my g/f open her presents i bought her... i got her a bright pink dell 1545. and a bunch of stuff

lucky dog! been wanting a mac for a while now, but don't want to spend the money (esp after having a baby).

i did a lot more giving than getting this year more than ever, and strangely it felt better. was joking w/my brother-in-law about how gifts i've gotten these past few years have diminished in size, price, quantity, etc and how i've spent more and more each year on others. "mo money, mo problems" :rlaugh:

spent lots of money on my wife as she had a rough pregnancy experience a couple months ago -- really wanted to do a lot more but i still had to pay the bills.. also got my mother-in-law something decent gift card to a spa as she's really stepped up to help w/the baby.

split a guitar package with my brother-in-law for my niece -- gave her the amp and some accessories. happy to see she's really gotten into guitar so it was nice to be able to contribute with some decent equipment.

for the god daughter, a few things -- not too big as she's just turned a year, so...

did managed to get a few nice things from my wife, however -- car stereo w/bluetooth & iphone controls for the mach, and some money to spend on car goodies.

all in all, great christmas. lots of good food and quality time w/my new family. been working a lot these past few months so i'm really happy to have some down time.

Yea, I think one of the most satisfying things about Christmas is giving great gifts as well. I got my dad a shot glass, a pint glass, and a t-shirt all from the Yuengling brewery, I got my mom a sick mouse for her netbook, and a nice scented diffuser from West Elm, my one brother an MB Quart 12" sub in a box I made, and my other brother a limited edition Dispatch Zimbabwe t-shirt. I got my gf a ring I had custom made with a turquoise stone and antiqued features, a laptop desk with cooling fans, and a renewal of her Cosmo subscription.

Being with your family on Christmas and giving great, thoughtful gifts is even better than receiving gifts yourself.

EDIT: I forgot I got a set of SICK Craftsman ratcheting open end/box wrenches from my gf's parents.

Kids got TOYS!!

Wifey got a new 'puter, got her Bachelor's Diploma all nice and framed (she earned it a few yrs ago, had to dig to uncover that thing) bunch of little things...

I got standard gift cards, mix and match microbrew six pack, table saw and compoundmiter saw...My dog (German Shepherd) got me a stuffed german shepherd toy...

Best part...I'm not in some hot, sandy country with fanatics shooting at us.

Birthday in a few weeks, shotgun and 9mm on the wishlist....migth empty the summit and maximum mototrsports shopping carts as well

^^^ That's awesome I want one of those!! Im surprised I didn't get one for making it into the showcase section a year ago :notnice:

I got lots of odds and ends stuff but my big thing was enough gift cards to sears so I can get a rechargeable impact gun so I dont have to wrench my wheels on/off at the track anymore. I'll go and pick it up on weds.

I got a few things this year. Nothing really expensive though, but I'm happy with what I got.

New Falken Ziex ZE-512 front tires, went to get them on and the guys at discount sold one of them :mad:
New ruger .22 rifle with a nice cherry wood stock( would have had a nice baretta 9mm but paperwork was messed up and they wouldn't sell one to mom)
25 round banana clip for the .22
Laptop battery cause mine died finally
Clothes
Clothes
Giorgio Armani cologne
New rear brakes
211 piece Crescent tool set
$50 fuel card
$25 movie card
and I think that's about it.

I didn't know that was your '95 in the Webb Bland pictures! That's a great looking car and some awesome photography! What seats did you have in the '95?

You know about Webb? He went to my school and is close friends with my cousin and a few friends of mine at school. He and I were shooting the **** one day and I asked him if he wanted to shoot my car, and he agreed and did it for free! He is amazing at what he does.

As for the seats they were the Jeg's GS-1 sport seats wrapped in "pleather".

Yea, I think one of the most satisfying things about Christmas is giving great gifts as well. I got my dad a shot glass, a pint glass, and a t-shirt all from the Yuengling brewery, I got my mom a sick mouse for her netbook, and a nice scented diffuser from West Elm, my one brother an MB Quart 12" sub in a box I made, and my other brother a limited edition Dispatch Zimbabwe t-shirt. I got my gf a ring I had custom made with a turquoise stone and antiqued features, a laptop desk with cooling fans, and a renewal of her Cosmo subscription.

Being with your family on Christmas and giving great, thoughtful gifts is even better than receiving gifts yourself.

EDIT: I forgot I got a set of SICK Craftsman ratcheting open end/box wrenches from my gf's parents.

Um.... ill be stealing your dads gifts k thanks.

+1 on thieving the Yuengling goods....this coming from a South Jersey native stuck in the hell hole that is eastern New Mexico.....can't get that stuff out here, I usually grab a case when I go to Florida, (I know, PA beer in FL???)swill it during football season...Go Eagles!!!!.

Regardless, it was a cool Christmas

Um.... ill be stealing your dads gifts k thanks.

+1 on thieving the Yuengling goods....this coming from a South Jersey native stuck in the hell hole that is eastern New Mexico.....can't get that stuff out here, I usually grab a case when I go to Florida, (I know, PA beer in FL???)swill it during football season...Go Eagles!!!!.

Regardless, it was a cool Christmas

Yea Yuengling is by far my favorite. A few weeks ago when I was at my gf's house in PA visiting, she surprised me and took me to the Yuengling brewery in Pottsville. It was one of the coolest things ever, and it doesn't hurt to get free beer after the tour :cheers:

Yea Yuengling is by far my favorite. A few weeks ago when I was at my gf's house in PA visiting, she surprised me and took me to the Yuengling brewery in Pottsville. It was one of the coolest things ever, and it doesn't hurt to get free beer after the tour :cheers:

That's some tasty brew, but if your ever in Belize, make sure you go to the Belikin factory, it's a very good lager.

didn't get anything for the car this year. We did get a 10x10 popup canopy tent thingy so that could be considered for the car as it will be great to have for Carlisle.

Got a bunch of gift cards, and some ps3 games and some vise grips. The wife lost her job last month so money was a bit tighter than i would have liked. We ended up deciding to not get anything for each other this year and spend it on others. Turned out good.