Officially gave up on Advance Auto Parts yesterday....

CruzNlife1

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2002
West Palm Beach
Me and my buddy had to replace a caliper on his 95 F-150.... So we go in there, and the little teenies behind the counter are giggling about something, ALL THEY ARE are cashiers, that is all they have in that store now.... Soo.... We walk up to the counter, and I quote everything here, these are exact words, NO KIDDING....

Me: I need a brake caliper for a 95 F-150 2 wheel drive....

Girl: Hmm, I'm not seeing it, who makes the F-150.

Me: Uhh.. Ford

Girl: I don't see the parts your looking for

[[BY THIS TIME I'M LOOKING AT THE COMPUTER AND SEE IT RIGHT THERE]]
[[MANAGER WALKS BY TO SEE IF SHE NEEDS ANYTHING, HES A GUY]]

Manager: How can I help you today..

Me: I need a brake caliper for a 95 F-150 2 wheel drive....

Manager: Is that for the drum brakes or disc brakes

[[NOW I JUST PICK MY PHONE UP, TURN AROUND, AND GO OUT OF MY WAY TO AUTOZONE]]

• Sponsors (?)

i had similar expirences at autozone looking for thermostat.
Me "can i have a thermostat and gasket for a 73 MG midget
them "who makes it"
Me "MG"
them "which divison of GM is it a chevy, pontiac, buick etc"
Me "no not GM, its MG just type in MG and see what comes up"
them "Oh!, wow so there it is."

I think the people working at these places get dumber by the day. Probably less worried about parts, and more worried about selling lighted exaust tips and neon kits :nonono:

Dr.

I definately know what you're taling about...ya know since I work at autozone.
He will hire somebody thats there to draw some people in. sad really. Since the commercial manager left I've been the one thats gotten all of the good questions.
"I gots a cheby 1/2ton kruck with a cheby rear. N I wanna put a dana rear unner dar. N I need some Ujoints take ge dat to work. Har's dee cheby one that I broke all to peices taking out. Jus go match one up, how many u-joints could dar be?"
That was the other day.
The typical phone call involves the wife/girlfriend calling and the husband yelling in the background.

351wcoupe said:
I definately know what you're taling about...ya know since I work at autozone.
He will hire somebody thats there to draw some people in. sad really. Since the commercial manager left I've been the one thats gotten all of the good questions.
"I gots a cheby 1/2ton kruck with a cheby rear. N I wanna put a dana rear unner dar. N I need some Ujoints take ge dat to work. Har's dee cheby one that I broke all to peices taking out. Jus go match one up, how many u-joints could dar be?"
That was the other day.
The typical phone call involves the wife/girlfriend calling and the husband yelling in the background.

yeah i work at an autozone too, always gettin the wife on the phone too. We only really have one dumbass there...."is the a V6 or a V4?" :rlaugh: but i think the dumb customer questions are far more amusing.

I think every area has a good parts store and a bad parts store. I dont even bother walking in Pep Boys or NAPA around here. The people they hire are useless. Advanced always has what I need though and they are pretty helpful.

Yeah it is hit or miss with getting someone who knows what they are doing. At the same time I hear some people asking for parts who are complete morons. How and the hell do people expect to get the right part if they don't even know the year or engine size of their vehicle. Yesterday I overheard a guy asking for 70 wt motor oil because he does alot of high rpm driving :rlaugh: . What I usually do is go to Autozone.com and print out what parts I need and take it to the parts store so there is no confussion and I don't get frustrated.