Oh those darn U/D's....lol

drakesdad

Jul 29, 2005
Oregon OHIO
had a heck of time with the alternator...........but nothing beats the "heat and air"....lol..........that made it a little more frustrating ......but they are on....havn't noticed any unusual readings on the way home from the in laws..........all I need now is E/T's or nittos......oh yeah...and some new wires....a couple got too close to the BBK's....lol

• Sponsors (?)

Did you end-up using an impact gun for the alt? What brand are they anyways?

Yep on the impact.....impact = air...lol........damn bolt and shaft of alt were spinning....once I took the torch to teh bolt.......very carefully....she went flying across the intake....lol

Stephane .....I have no idea the brand.....they belonged to Don and I bought them some time ago.....just never put them on........

what I realize is I'll never be like Tom or Joe...lol...I didn't even polish them up before putting them on......I didn't even clean the stock air intake that had been in the garage attic for two years.......you can tell by the pics in my exhaust thread............bad stang owner.........just give me the powa and I'm good...lol

Mine used to not charge well at idle with the headlights on because of the U/D's, but the problem sort of fixed itself when I cleaned the IAC and replaced the plugs/wires a couple weeks ago. Now the car idles about 100rpm higher than before (and is much much smoother). That was just enough :shrug: :rolleyes:

If I had the headlights on OR the A/C on Normal, then my car would die if I let it idle for over 5 minutes.

It would die in like 1.5 minutes with the lights and A/C on MAX.

:notnice:

I talked with a couple of old timers....:rlaugh: ....and I feel comfortable with what they run them...and they did bring up a good point....I don't idle at 650 since the HCI....as far as the past two days...no issues as of yet....we'll see tomorrow night what help they are...

Paul, I never heard longer term feedback - is that alt treating you well?
Have you bumped your idle up? Like Will said, getting it up to 800ish RPM should help. Or overdrive the alt.............. I almost went this route.

Will, the pulleys will compliment the forced induction you'll be installing soon. :D

Paul, sheesh man, I didnt realize your car was down for so long. :bang: I guess you have no complaints then. :D

Will, the last part of my last post was your inner voice talking. I just helped you realize what you've been contemplating subconsciously. "Will, let the force[d induction] be with you.........."

Aw man...u don't know what the ID and Ego .....and Super Ego are doing to me...

I actually have the funds available to do it......and I know Super Don...could get it tuned......:shrug:
Think I'm gonna refer back to our email.......I'm gonna drive it awhile longer.......wait and see if the impulsiveness wears off.....and go from there.......
I still think Mike's 418 is more attractive..........