oil and exhaust questions please help

Blue Blurr

Apr 1, 2004
California
hey everyone im going to change the oil on my car and i think im eather going to use RedLine or Mobile one synthetic. my wuestion is how much do i put in the car? or like what is the normal amout for mustangs? 6 quarts?

my exhaust question is i was going to get LT headers and a Dr. gas o/r X, but im not getting LT's any more because i dont think there worth what im going to get outa them. so how is the Magnaflow o/r X? ive heard it sounds really good and not raspy at all, is this true? is it in the same catagory as the dr. gas, slp, mustang tuning? cause all of those are supose to sound the best. if any of you guys have any other suggestions please let me know cause now ive heard some good things about mac prochamber but i dunno.
Also hows is my borla cat back? i have a saleen and it comes with a borla cat back. i was thinking of getting a magnflow cat back but i dunno how good the borla is so maybe i dont need to get the magnaflow?

• Sponsors (?)

Put as much oil in your car as it needs to show in the hatched area on the dipstick. Try 5 quarts then check the level, then add more as needed.

Seems I've read on various message boards that people need anywhere from 5 to 7 quarts to show full (or to get the level into the hatched area) on the dipstick. The owner's manual for my 02 GT says 6 quarts is needed for a filter and oil change. 6 quarts in my car puts the oil level 2/3 to 3/4 up into the hatched area on the dipstick so that's all I put in.

6 quarts, dont forget the filter holds some oil, too. And good choices on the oil. Redline or mobil 1. I personally use Mobil1

I recommend either Magnaflow's X or SLP's X pipe..
But what do you mean how is borla's cat back?? you have it! What do YOU think??? If it's too quiet, get something else, if it's rusting, get something else, if it's too loud, get something else.

Magnaflow catbacks are great. I'd suggest magnapacks though, if you're dead set on magnaflow, becuase I personally like it loud.

well what i mean by how is the Borla cat back, i meant by saying will it sound good with a magnaflow o/r X, because i have never heard one before. i have heard the magnflow cat back and magnaflow o/r X and i really like it. i love the sound mine has now with just the saleen/borla cat back but i want louder.so what i will do is just get the mag o/r X and see how it sounds with my exhaust now and if i dont like it for some odd reason ill get the magnaflow cat back.

whats the difference between the magnaflow cat back and a magnapack??

Ajax_02GT said:
Put as much oil in your car as it needs to show in the hatched area on the dipstick. Try 5 quarts then check the level, then add more as needed.

Seems I've read on various message boards that people need anywhere from 5 to 7 quarts to show full (or to get the level into the hatched area) on the dipstick. The owner's manual for my 02 GT says 6 quarts is needed for a filter and oil change. 6 quarts in my car puts the oil level 2/3 to 3/4 up into the hatched area on the dipstick so that's all I put in.

:stupid:

Just dumping 6 quarts in and assuming thats right could be the kiss of death to your four point six. Why not be safe about it?

I always ass 5 and start it up, then let is sit for a hour.
6 quarts fill mine up

Borls has a good system with new rolled tips

I went with SLP due to price, $342

Fits great and loud as HELL !!

actaully wht does the SLP loud math cat back sound like?? is it good quality?? how is SLP's X pipe? maybe ill get the SLP loud mouth catback and o/r X pipe. or magnaflow X and catbak. can some one help me with my decion. someone with experience who has had one of these exhaust??? thats be really helpful please