oil leakage??

jcw88

Never played w/ it before so i'm still a virgin!
Mar 20, 2007
fernandina, fl
i've noticed that my breather on my valve cover has been covered in oil, its the filter type and i've got ford racing valve covers w/ victor jr heads solid lifters. my buddy said that the lifters splash oil but not enough to coat my breather. a mechanic told me to check the pvc valve but that checks out fine.. i'm lost if any help it would cure my headache...:mad:

• Sponsors (?)

started after installing heads.. long story but i'll get to the point, body was bad shape, got motor built first ran into $ problems car sat for 6 months engine was cranked up every other week or so. motor has hardly no miles, drives and runs good but just noticed the leakage???

Did you also check the screen under the PCV valve? They have the tendency to get all caked up with junk over the years and that will prevent your PCV from operating properly. My 88 was doing the same thing and changing the screen and PCV helped alot. Didn't completely solve the problem but helped a bunch. I believe that the motor is getting old an dhas some blowby and that hasn't been fixed yet.

yeah i'll go ahead and change the pvc valve tomorrow, i hope that makes a difference, i was also told that there is suppose to be a screen that stops the splash but i didn't see any???

yes, the vent baffles if removed cause this problem alot of times..and yes there is a screen under the pcv valve that might need cleaning and or replacing. you cannot see it with the motor or intake in the car but you can use a paper clip and bend the end into a L shape and fish the screen out of the pcv hole. after you remove the pcv valve the screen will sit just below where the pcv valve sits....