Oil Pressure guage all over the place

Twista

May 7, 2004
@ the z00 in chicago
So, when im i first start the car in the cold morning my oil guage hand is all over the place.

Well, i thought it was only when its cold, but its also when the car is running warm. My engine doesn't get hot hot hot because of either a bad water pump or radiator or something.

Now on the gauge theres a LOW and High part and when my car is stopped it goes all the way to LOW (red warning spot) and than when i move it shoots back up to the middle. Now sometimes while im moving it goes to LOW red spot for oil pressure. So while driving its litterally moving back and forth out pretty much through LOW and HIGH so i dont think thats normal.

What would be your guesses?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It could be the gauge itself. Not saying it is and I would still get it checked out but it could be.

My Temp gauge does this. I was driving down the road one day and I look down and my gauge is burried on the H side. I pull over right away and pop my hood and the cars fine. I've been in a car that over heated and you could hear it freakin boiling. LOL I started driving and it later when back to the middle then to the cold mark. My car does every so often and some times it will start up in the middle.