Oil pressure Guage sender question

1995 5.0 vert

Mar 12, 2019
Mesa az
So i decided to get 2 gauges for the, A pillar of my 95, 1 coolant temp and 1 oil pressure, both of them ford racing gauges, i took them to the shop to get installed and so close to being done the guy tells me i have the wrong “oil pressure sending unit”. Has anybody done this same install please tell me which oil pressure unit you have!

• Sponsors (?)

That's a very specific question, and I doubt you will get an answer here. Your best option is to call Ford Performance tech and ask them. Customer service is there for a reason.

Kurt

Sigh... The amount of “ I should stick to buying a Hyundai“ just screams from the rooftops.

A short sweep gauge needle moves 270 degrees. A full sweep gauge moves the needle about 330 degrees. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist any amount of computing to gather the necessary info to find “ the needle in the haystack”
1. What brand are the gauges. The brand, and style solves the problem.
if not readily available...
2. Are they new?...if so the answer to the dilemma is in that box. They call them........instructions.

Reactions: 1 user
Dude really? yes they are brand new almost 100$ a piece, im just here to find the part i need Mr. “Know it all”
I have used many brands of oil pressure gauges including Ford Racing, never had that problem, did the shop install them and they didn't work?
A gauge install is a basic diy job, Mr. "Know it all" has likely installed several dozen just in your lifetime.
He probably has what you need in a box on a shelf in his garage.
Ford Racing will have the part you need if the gauge was shipped with the wrong sending unit.

Dude really? yes they are brand new almost 100$ a piece, im just here to find the part i need Mr. “Know it all”
And you think somehow, without brand and model number number information, somebody here is just gonna sht out that answer?
What “brand“ are they if they’re brand new then?

Here ya go speed racer...Look what I found for you.

I used....GOOGLE, and typed “ ford racing gauges”

And...... ( here‘s the really good part). When you find the gauge you have, and you click on it..another page pops up..that says “additional notes“.
And when you click on that.......

Sitting right there,.... at the top of that page....a sender model number. :eek:

Imagine that....” Ford racing gauges“ made by the largest gauge maker on the freakin planet....made by Autometer, and not made by Ford, Ford motorsports, or Ford racing.

Last edited:
People who don't know as much as you Mike love being talked down in a condescending manner. I'm sure it makes their day. The guy is new here, we know nothing about him, how about just help....or don't help but leave the "indy" comments out. They really serve no purpose.

Chris

Reactions: 2 users
People who don't know as much as you Mike love being talked down in a condescending manner. I'm sure it makes their day. The guy is new here, we know nothing about him, how about just help....or don't help but leave the "indy" comments out. They really serve no purpose.

Chris
I doubt that there isn't a 20 year old on this planet that doesn't know what google is..
Then there are those that expect everything to be done for them so that they don't have to. Its one thing when a mechanical issue stumps a new kid thats trying, its another when someone else can't be bothered to do a simple Google search.

Didn’t the sending unit come with the guage?

There really isn’t a “short” sweep or “long” sweep sender. The sender has a specific resistance that the guage reads and then can output based on the needle.

Now, the sender can be in the wrong resistance range, but if it came new in the box this is highly u likely.

Last edited:
  • Agree
I 'm betting on the guy at the shop he took it to have it installed may have made a mistake. I've installed a dozen or so gauges from different manufacturers and only had one problem and that was my fault
the shop I hang out at has installed lot of aftermarket stuff from total digital instruments to individual gauges and IF they encountered a problem someone (usually me since my hands are clean) called the manufacturer 'hot line' and got it resolved.

Chris

Not sure if we should regard Mike as the gate keeper, or tell him "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." I would say in this case, the OP responded in similar fashion, after the fact, but still, and yet ended up with the information he/she needed. It's not like everyone on here wasn't younger at one point and thought they knew everything. It's entirely possible that Mike hasn't gotten laid in awhile. And yet, I get laid all the time, and still know that I have to work on my people skills.

Kurt

Not sure if we should regard Mike as the gate keeper, or tell him "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." I would say in this case, the OP responded in similar fashion, after the fact, but still, and yet ended up with the information he/she needed. It's not like everyone on here wasn't younger at one point and thought they knew everything. It's entirely possible that Mike hasn't gotten laid in awhile. And yet, I get laid all the time, and still know that I have to work on my people skills.

Kurt
it’s like this. Those with young children, or who have had kids even in the last 20 years have had to deal with “ participation trophies”.
You can absolutely suck ass in a particular sport as a child, but because you were out there sucking ass, you still deserve a trophy for doing it.
As these kids have grown up now, they don’t have to try,...they are expecting that somebody else is gonna do that for them . If the hobby isn’t a DIY thing, a literal learning experience for how to work on, and master the amazing machine that is a car, then it's just another S550 car show.
When somebody comes on here, shows aptitude and desire, and isn’t an illiterate thumb typing dump phone user, you guys never hear a peep from me. Conversely, when someone else is too challenged to even look up a sender part number ( that should’ve came in the damn gauge box in the first place ) and then comes on here expecting someone else to find that out for them...a little hand slap is in order. And just as soon as that happens, out come the “ Mike‘s such a prick, slap his hands too“ brigade.

If all you guys want to talk all day long about wax, mufflers, and wheel choices, by all means, step up and look up the sender part numbers for the occasional guy asking for it, cause when nobody here is even bothering to try and install their own gauges anymore, we're firmly on the path to talking about wax, mufflers, and wheels.
For me, I think participation trophies are bull sht,.....but that’s just my opinion.

it’s like this. Those with young children, or who have had kids even in the last 20 years have had to deal with “ participation trophies”.
You can absolutely suck ass in a particular sport as a child, but because you were out there sucking ass, you still deserve a trophy for doing it.

Boomer Alert!!

Kurt