Oil seperator steeda, husky

hollywoodstang

May 23, 2006
I just installed steeda oil seperator and i am using it with synthetic oil. Bottle says avoid synthetic oil but it is all good. Don't believe everything you read. there is not enough pressure in PCV vacume to break the bottle. AND for those using straight fittings, use 90* fittings. they seem to trap oil better. Just letting you all know.:nice:

By the way Home depot has almost same separator for $11.99 and fittings for 2 bucks each. Brand is HUSKY (made in china but very well built)

Search the tread on stang net before you buy anything. LOL :) I over paid!!!:mad:

• Sponsors (?)

Campbell filter

IMG_0065.jpg

mine also is from home depot. I broke my element off(white piece in the filter) because I believe that is what gets clogged after time. I havent had any problems running synthetic with it.

RC has his on the fender wall...What the hell?! you ran your hose all the way there to the back of the intake to PCV? I also have strut bar so i can't put it like the first pic...But i do "Need" to bolt this sucker down some where...

RC has his on the fender wall...What the hell?! you ran your hose all the way there to the back of the intake to PCV? I also have strut bar so i can't put it like the first pic...But i do "Need" to bolt this sucker down some where...

Actually mine is connected to the oil filler neck. the other end is connect to the power pipe. A shop put the hose from the filler neck down to the bottom of the engine bay to relieve pressure. The hose was sucking in air that was unmetered, so I connected it to the power pipe AFTER the air being sucked in was metered. Works well so far.

RC