OK, Pulled PCV Screen..Tell Me What You Think

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Hey guys, I finally got behind the intake and pulled the PCV Screen, when I pulled the rubber hose off. There was no PCV valve to be found, so I went ahead and pulled the screen. I wiped it off with a rag as you can see in the pic, but it had a ton of oil in it. I also used the air compressor to blow it out and a lot of oil came out of it. When I put the air to it I couldnt feel the air on either side. There was a lot of oil comming out behind the intake, was this the culprit? So im going to buy a new screen, gromet, and Turbocoupe PCV valve. Also going to buy a check valve for it. Tell me what you think, aslo I want to know if you feel this was the reason oil was comming out back there. Thanks

Screen.jpg

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

Thats good, glad I didnt pull something I wasnt supposed to by some wild chance of luck(my luck sucks btw)

But do you all believe this was the problem for all the oil comming out back thier? I really want to get it fixed becuase it scares me.:lol:

Thanks,
Dave

The only obvious things I can think of for the oil leak on the back intake is either fromt that (grommet, valve, screen set) or the back (where the lower intake meets the block) is leaking??? I'm sure you have already but you might try to get a flashlight in there and see if you can pin point where it is coming from...

Try the "set" and see if that fixes it...if not...it could be a bit more serious or easier...when are you going to get the grommet, valve, and screen set on? I swear me and you work alike...today or tomorrow I'm ordering a new screen, grommet and pcv valve from 50resto...lol...and oh yeah...also check your hose and see if it isn't cracked or something...not likely but it won't hurt to check...

92GreenGT said:
Hey guys, I finally got behind the intake and pulled the PCV Screen, when I pulled the rubber hose off. There was no PCV valve to be found, so I went ahead and pulled the screen. I wiped it off with a rag as you can see in the pic, but it had a ton of oil in it. I also used the air compressor to blow it out and a lot of oil came out of it. When I put the air to it I couldnt feel the air on either side. There was a lot of oil comming out behind the intake, was this the culprit? So im going to buy a new screen, gromet, and Turbocoupe PCV valve. Also going to buy a check valve for it. Tell me what you think, aslo I want to know if you feel this was the reason oil was comming out back there. Thanks

Screen.jpg

Dave
clogged pcv valve will cause oil to be spit back up into the intake/air box see it happen all the time just replace it..................no big deal at all. lol some of you guys on here crack me up.........

p.s. Dave killer bowl packing job you got there..............!!!! care to pass?

Wow, this thread is back from the dead.:banana:

Anyways, I had this old fram PCV valve laying around, so I put it in and didnt put in a screen. Cured the smoke comming from the breather, and plus I think the oil is gone. Ive been told its ok to run without a screen, but I bought a screen to put in, if anything bad happens. But I tried it and its working good so far. But im still going to buy a TurboCoupe PCV, and a check valve.

Dave

Rick 91GT said:
PUT THE SCREEN IN THE INTAKE, No reason for the check valve, and the normal PCV valve should work fine.
What happens if I dont put the screen in?:lol: Just wondering, but I do have one, all I got to do is pull up the PCV and slide it under.

Glad to see your still alive, havent heard from you in a long time.:nice:

Dave

Rick 91GT said:
My point exactly....no need for an additional valve. Dave I'm living, just very busy, I still post a lot gotta have something to do at work..lol

Actually Dave, he's "converted" and now posts on www.turbomustangs.com/forums as more :flag:

you need to start posting there more often as well :spot:

Oh, I haven't been on AIM for a while since I sent my Dell computer back, should be ordering the new Dell computer on Friday. Right now I'm using my parents old computer, so that's why I'm not on AIM much right now :nice:

Cammed90Notch said:
Actually Dave, he's "converted" and now posts on www.turbomustangs.com/forums as more :flag:

you need to start posting there more often as well :spot:

Oh, I haven't been on AIM for a while since I sent my Dell computer back, should be ordering the new Dell computer on Friday. Right now I'm using my parents old computer, so that's why I'm not on AIM much right now :nice:

Hehehe, someones been tracking me :banana:

I'm still on SN more but, the info over there is more towards what I am currently dealing with...more details to come as I get closer.