old lady hit my car...i get a check for $1,000

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
oh yeah...i just added on to my budget... a old lady backed out and hit the SC...pushed in the drivers side fender...took it to a body shop and got a number off...$1,022........and that's more then i payed for the car to begin with :D

popped the fender back out and it looks just like it did before.... aint America great :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

At least that's one reassuring fact about the T-Bird I'm using for my DD, now; I only paid $950 for it and have maybe $300 in it, but the book value on it is somewhere closer to $2000 or better. I'm kinda hoping some old fart with good insurance will back up into my front-end with their RV or something so I can replace my already jacked-up front bumper fascia, header panel, and hood. :D

At least that's one reassuring fact about the T-Bird I'm using for my DD, now; I only paid $950 for it and have maybe $300 in it, but the book value on it is somewhere closer to $2000 or better. I'm kinda hoping some old fart with good insurance will back up into my front-end with their RV or something so I can replace my already jacked-up front bumper fascia, header panel, and hood. :D

yeah and to think...all this was...was a front fender...thats it... and the molding...total of $1,022.97

Damage estimates seem to be better when you take 'em to a dealership ... because we all know how much they like to charge for every little thing. ;)

The last time I got a fender smooshed in by a retard (big delivery truck sliding downhill on ice in KC), it was on a '91 TransAm. Just a fender and the edge of the front bumper fascia, and the estimate was about $2,600 when I took it to a Pontiac dealer. Oh well ... deliver company paid that fatty check for the repairs, and I got all of my rock chips fixed in the process. (Sold the car a month later and got a '94 Crown Vic Interceptor. :nice: )